icon

460 mach

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cros 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Can i just changed the head unit in a 99 460 mach equipped mustang.   Is it like any other car and just have to buy antena harness and face plate.  Is the a harness a special one since they have cd and stero seprate. The harness it strait forward with matching colors or do i need a wiring diagram.  Please excuse the grammer. Help would be appriciated.  Trying to help a freind out
Cros 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

can anbody help me. Im just a girl trying to save instalation charges

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Changing only the headunit will require installing Output Level Converters (Scosche makes them).  There are 3 factory amps with the Mach 460 system that have specific input requirements that the Output Level Converters allow you to adjust.  http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-nAF9dtIh9iK/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=11&g=751&I=142CFDK6++

Check out this page for info on the system (locations, specs, etc...).  They're from a '95, so it wont be exact, but it will get you started  http://www.flemworld.com/95/mach.html 

Check out this page for info on the OEM wiring harnesses http://carstereohelp.com/wireharnessFord1.htm

You can get the new installation harnesseses at your local car audio shop.  Using them will make life easier for you, and allow for a cleaner install. 

Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Cros 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help. The kit i bought came with three different harrnesses. I only used the power harrnes and a harneess for the speakers to worj with the amo. The faceplate they sold was a wrong one so i didnt use it and the stereo fit pretty good with out it.
kmfdmxtc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to know if I can install 6 1/2" mids in the rear 5 1/4" factory speaker loacations in a 95 Mustang w/460 Mach sys.? Also, I plan to install my stereo sys from my old car into this car and I am wondering how easy is it to replace the factory amps in the factory locations with some higher power amps,and if I go with these differant amps do I still need additional electrical equipment to hook-up an aftermarket head unit?.

Steve, this site is great and has helped me fix several friends car stereos, thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic