icon

Adjusting shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pooreclipse 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  

What guidelines do you guys use in terms of adjusting the shock sensor?  How do you know if it is sensitive enough or not?

What kind of test can you do to trigger it?  

One of the things I found is that, slamming a door should trigger it at least.

Well what is the point of the shock sensor anyway?   It SHOULD go off when a window is smashed..  and when a thief continue to open the door the alarm will go off anyhow.

markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have spent(wasted) quite some time on this topic ie. adjusting my shock sensors. Many people on this site have given me different ideas/advices. Nothing to my satisfaction really.
Yes, on slamming your door, the sensor should go off, but how are you goin to test that? If you have your alarm to set off when a door is opened, you cannot do that test. If you really want to test it that way, you got to disable the door-sensors. I've heard about perimeter sensors that set the alarm to go off when someone is within a few inches from the body of the car or touches the car. I don't know how well these work. I heard that they go off when the rain drops fall on your roof. Thats just another pain to have to disable the alarm each time the weather chages or rain falls! Plus I heard you have to change the setting when the weather changes.
So far, I have learnt that a light knock (like a door ding) should set off the pre-warn if you have one, and a hard knock like a very hard door-ding or a good blow to the car should set off the full alarm. One mechanic showed me his Honda Accord where he kicked his tires and it set off the pre-warn. I never succeeded doing the same in my much newer car. I understand that my newer vehicle has much better shock absorbers built in that try to absorb shocks. Well upon more advisors, I tied my shock sensor to the steering wheel column with double side tape, nylon ties and tape, making it as tight as possible. Set the prewarn to FULL senitivity. I kicked my tires and could actually see the steering wheel turn slightly with each kick on my front tire. The sensor STILL did not pick up anything. I am now going to try different manufacuters' shock sensors since I am now thinking that my omega alarm's sensor may not be sensitive enough?
Let me know when you find a good answer!
Bendog 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

a motion sensor is when someone trie to tow or push your car it senses up down motion, shock is made so one someone hits your car can also be sensitive enough to sound when someone hits a window if done right but senses more of a vibration. thats why its under the sterring colloum on the wire because if some actually breaks the window say without it sounding tries to steal the car the first this he is gonna do is under the dash to find the right wires, which would most likely set the shock sensor off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic