icon

1989 camaro amp setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gotitluser 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

where should i mount the ground and where should i mount the amp   i have a 1989 camaro and nothing in it.   also where can i get a box for it

neo 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
go out and get yourself a better car like a 76 trans am then put your subs in that
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
There are lots of prefab boxes available for your car. A specialty car audio store will either be able to order one or build one for you. An amp can be mounted behind the spare tire in most of these cars. To ground find a good solid piece of metal, clean the paint away and use a stainless steel screw and star washer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
neo 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Just kidding bout your car bud.  You can custom build your box if you're good with tools. 
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
gotitluser wrote:
where should i mount the ground and where should i mount the amp   i have a 1989 camaro and nothing in it.   also where can i get a box for it
Do you mean that your car doesn't have a system in it yet? Well, the easiest place to mount an amp in those cars is the back but you'd have to make a shelf and mount it to that so that would cool properly. Is this your first time trying to do something like this yourself? If so, the best thing to do then is to take your car down your local car audio shop and see what one of the installers would suggest. As far a grounding the amp, just find a good clean place on the car's floor scrape off the paint and screw it down. If that doesn't work, you actually could just ground it to the battery's negative post. But I still suggest going to a shop if you're new to this and not sure.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   1989 camaro amp setup - Last Post -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
And what subwoofer do you have that you're searching for a box for?  Please post what you have now to work with.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
gotitluser 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

I am putting 2 rockford he 2's in there and i am new and i am gonig to go back to sound force to ask my buddy who works there but they cant get a box for it

thx all

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Keep it to a sealed box and tell our friend to get off his lazy butt and find a company that sells prefab boxes to him. The prefab boxes are quite plentiful for your vehicle. If they cannot find one and do not want to build one for you, then me thinks you are shopping at the wrong store.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
gotitluser 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

My buddy can get me one for like 90 dollers.   that is what it will cost him to do it all.   he is putting in the amp on a shelf and making a box out of 3/4 mdf.  He also is going to install everything and putting in a leather case for ontop of the box ( instead of carpet )

Thanks all and i used you all to get him to understand on how to do it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic