icon

01 VW Beetle alarm/RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
I searched the forums looking for help. Found answers for most questions, but I still have a few. Hopefully the collective genius of this forum will help (I have little doubt).  Heres my Questions: 1. Neutral saftey switch for automatic, Where & what color?    2.2000 wiring info is same for 2001, right?  3. Light @ shifter illuminates while running to indicate that brake is not depressed, can I use this for brake signal ? (reverse of course to show signal when brake is actually depressed). 4. Single pulse on lock wire to lock, single on unlock to unlock drivers & double pulse to unlock pass, long pulse on lock wire will close windows, all connected @ key switch in door, is this all correct & will work? 5. unlocking @ keyswitch will de-activate alarm, yes? & will I have to unlock before R/S, or will aftermarket alarm's factory disarm, disarm w/out unlocking doors? 6. Alarm module, where is it & what does it look like (mainly size)?  7. & finally, are there keys avail that are smaller & do not have the factory alarm integrated? That is all the questions I have for now, perhaps more may be upcoming, hopefully not. Looking forward to many helpfull replies.
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
2) the only difference is the door lock wires
3)use the RED / Black @ the brake switch
4) this is a neg. lock system no pulsing indicated
5) use the WHITE/ Blue in the drivers to disarm the factory alarm. The aftermarket alarm should have this feature.
That the best I have for now. hope this helps and maybe another member can add to this
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
1. neutral safety switch is necessary generally for older vehicles. for such a new car you can just connect this wire to ground.
6. alarm module looks like a rectangular box about 1/2 the size of an average mouse pad with the thickness of roughly 2 cd jewel cases. located to the left of the steering column.
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
oops, i forgot about:
7. yes, there are such keys, and when the car was first purchased, should have been included with the set of keys given to the new car owner. it's a valet key that is incapable of opening the trunk and glovebox.
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks both of you. Sorry to confuse, the "pulses" I was refering to was momentary negative signals. The WHITE/ blue wire in drivers door to disarm alarm? 2000 VW Beetle wiring diagram for alarm says BLACK/ blue for factory alarm disarm, is this what WHITE/ blue in door is on 2001?  & if so, can I find this wire @ the factory alarm? The service key I am aware of, I was looking more for a switchblade key with a narrow housing w/out the buttons for alarm. Local VW dealer said no also.  & the door lock/unlock wires are different on 01 than 00, What are the 01 wire colors? Or will it be pretty simple to figure once I'm elbow deep in VW door cavity?  So the question remains on the lock & unlock. 1 momentary negative signal on lock wire will lock, & a controlled constant negative signal (aux. channel from alarm) will close windows? & 1 momentary negative signal to unlock wire will unlock drivers side, & another momentary negative signal will unlock pass side, & a controlled constant negative signal( another aux. channel) on unlock wire will open windows? Confusing yes, but hopfully someone knows the answer.  & maybe someone has a fancy tool or ideas about feeding wires through door jam?!
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Lock=blue / YELLOW
unlock=GREEN/ YELLOW
located in drivers kick panel
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
1) Feeding wires into the door is no treat, however, it is not impossible. Pull the Boot off the jamb. Feed a chunk of 14ga wire from the door, following the factory harness, into boot. This is an aggrivating procedure.... it will take you awhile. You will have to pull in 4 wires. Lock, unlock, trunk (you're in there anyways), and doorpin.
2) Lock/window rollup are the same wire, same thing with unlock/rolldown. Vary the length of the pulse... short for the doorlocks, 2.5sec or so for the windows. Can be accomplished using validity outputs of say.... a Viper 791xv (aux4 and 5)
3) Doorpins are BROWN / white stripe in each door. Cannot be found in kick. Each door has a computer attatched to the window motor. This computer controls a lot of stuff, and outputs all relavent signals to the CCM (Central Comfort Module) via databus. Your best bet to get doorpin and door lock is to pull into the door. There is no easy way... it's gonna take some time.
Use a meter to verify wire colors, using the key in the door cylnder. Lock= Blue/yel. Unlock= grn/yel
4) Use a Viper 556U to deal with the immobilizer. The wires are the very small green and black twisted pair leading from the key reader in the column. The instructions for interfacing with this should be in the manual for the 556U. You will have to give up the valet key for this.
5) Tach can be had at the coil pack on the motor (1.8T, 2.slow) or at the ECM (TDI, right plug, light GREEN/ orange. ECM located on top of dash, driver's side, directly forward of instrument cluster, near windhield)
Have fun!
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic