97 civic remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
genner 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
hello everyone,
I have a 97 Honda Civic. I have the 3.5 rsx alarm.
I having trouble getting any response from the system when I tried the remote start feature.
I did everything according to the instructions:
REMOTE START Harness (H3)
Blue/White: Not used
Gray: hood pin
Brown: to the GREEN / WHITE
Violet/White: the blue with silver dot wire at the        corner of the engine compartment near the diverside
BLACK/ White: BLACK/ blue wire
then with the HEAVY GUAGE WIRE:
Purple: (cut BLACK/ whire wire in two) ignition side
green: key side of the BLACK/ white wire
red and RED / white: 12 Volt
pink: BLACK / YELLOW wire at harness above fuse box
pink/white: yellow wire at harness above fuse box
orange: WHITE/ black wire.
then I have the 7 wire ribbon connected to the central unit. when i press the * button twice nothing happens.
Gear is in park, e-brake up. hood is down.
Is there any primary procedures that I need to do?
I noticed that there's a whire/blue activation input wire on the central unit in the primary harness (12-pin connector) do i need to use that some way?
Please help.   
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

BLACK/ White: BLACK/ blue wire  that seem to be your problem wire this cable to ground and it will solve the problem

The small black\white wire has to see ground.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
genner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
when I used a DMM, I tested continuity with respect to ground to the BLACK/ blue wire. The BLACK/ blue wire threw ground when the gear was in park. When the gear selector was in any other position other than park, the continuity was broke, no ground.
Should I just tie this to ground? the BLACK/ blue wire is the NPS wire for the 97 Civic.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
No-- leave it te way it is-- that a good extra safety bit. When you say you have trouble getting it to do anything--
does the alarm functionality work? Does it page (cause changes in the remote)? Do valet mode and menu settings work? Does the siren chirp?
When you activate remote start, do the guages and lights come on? Parking lights flash? What are the diagnostics? (It should tell you why it failed to remote start-- p. 53 of install manual.)
Give us a little more info,
Me
genner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
At first when I was installing the power lock/unlock wires, they were acting kinda of funny because when I use the remote to unlock it would unlock the door but when I tried to lock it with the remote, it wouldn't lock. So I took the wires out again and crimped them again and they seem to work ok. Do you think that might have caused problems within the circuit of the RSX? It seems to work find now tho.
So basically here's how i wired everything up.
In the primary harness (h1) 12 pin connector:
RED / white: nothing
red: Straight to car battery
brown: right now unhooked to the siren
black: ground to engine chassis
violet: nothing
blue: blue/black wire in green harness behing stereo
green: light GREEN/ red wire in the green harness behind stereo
BLACK/ white: nothing(is it necessary to connect it to the dome?
WHITE/ blue: nothing
white: RED / black to grey connection in the fuse box
orange: nothing
REMOTE START Harness (H3)
Blue/White: Not used
Gray: hood pin
Brown: to the GREEN / WHITE
Violet/White: the blue with silver dot wire at the       corner of the engine compartment near the diverside
BLACK/ White: BLACK/ blue wire
then with the HEAVY GUAGE WIRE:
Purple: (cut BLACK/ whire wire in two) ignition side
green: key side of the BLACK/ white wire
red and RED / white: 12 Volt
pink: BLACK / YELLOW wire at harness above fuse box
pink/white: yellow wire at harness above fuse box
orange: WHITE/ black wire.
No response what so ever, nothing turns on when I press * twice. I tried that tach learning instruction but nothing either. Is it possible that the command for the remote start on the keychange remote is programmed to something else?
genner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
oh yeah so right now when i lock the door, the parking lights flash once and the door is locked. When I unlock the door, the parking light flashes twice and the door unlocks.
But thing is when I unlock the door the lcd screen flashes previous triggered zones. For instance, say I locked the door then armed the car. If i open the trunk the alarm will go off and the trunk on the lcd will flash. Now I press lock twice to turn off the beeping from the keychain and to turn off the siren. When I unlock the door, the trunk flashes still.
When I lock the door and unlock it again with the remote the trunk still flashes.
When I unlock the door with the remote then turn the ignition to "on" position then back off then lock the door with the remote then unlock again, the trunk still flashes.
What's going on?
genner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have any advise?
please help
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
I think the trunk is still flashing as a reminder to you that there was a violation within the last day or so. I dont know why but mine does the same thing. I have a completely different starter/alarm then you do though, but mine does that too.
As far as the remote start not working, you could check your fuses on the alarm, and disconnect your hood pin in case it is allowing the wire to be grounded, and you could try to use the input trigger wire to try to activate a remote start sequence. At this point it seems that you just need to verify every connection.
Sorry I couldn't be of any further assistance.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic