icon

Trailblazer Heated Seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
FairWeather 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

I was working on an '03 Trailblazer LTZ last night with heated seats. I was trying to wire them into a Compustar 2wss-as RS/security system. I had no problem doing this on an '04 tahoe, but the 03 trailblazer was complex to say the least. I couldnt find a wire to signal for the heated seats (at least in the door module). Anyone know where else I could go? I wanted to be able to set the auxiliary for pulse so the switch would activate the LEDs showing what level of heat was on.

I really want to pull this off. Please help.

You can do it!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Some clarification please. Do you have the seats hook up, just the leds do not light up? Or did you not get anything to work? I believe that the trigger for the drivers seat is in the door but it is multiplexed. I will check for you the next time I get a trail blazer with heated seats, but we are currently out of stock. If you do figure it out before then please post on the sight.
FairWeather 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hey jimbo,

I don't have the seats hooked up at all. I returned it with the promise of looking into and figuring it out. Yes, it is multiplexed, but I have never had to hook up a multiplexed trigger. Which wires and how? The bypass module I have is obviously able to interface with the heated seats through the databus link (single wire). I would like to have a module that could interface through just the databus (no door panel removals) that I could program to respond to an auxiliary pulse.

Thanks for the help.

You can do it!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
To activate the mutiplexed trigger you are going to need a resistor. Before we can do that we have to find out which wire it is. I am certain if you use a meter you can find the wire at the switch. If it is not there look to see if the wires from the switch go to another module. Then test wires there. After you loacte the wire then we can start playing with resistors to figure out what resistance is necessary to trigger it. Like I said I will not be able to physically help until we get more trailblazers back in stock (I work at a dealer)
Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Crimestopper's GM-U7 unit will automatically activate the heated seats, mirrors, and rear defroster when the tempature is below 23F.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic