icon

Installed Deck, powers on, but no sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

for chryslers it would be a blue wire on the harness that turns the amp on.  but if the jvc has a blue and blu/white, just use the blue/white, not blue so the amp stays on all the time and not just when the radio is on.

Harlem2k 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
audifive wrote:

for chryslers it would be a blue wire on the harness that turns the amp on.  but if the jvc has a blue and blu/white, just use the blue/white, not blue so the amp stays on all the time and not just when the radio is on.

i know, but my harness does not have the amp turn-on wire. That's why it's so strange :S

Harlem2k 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
audifive wrote:

i know, but my stock stereo harness does not have the amp turn-on wire. That's why it's so strange :S

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
sometimes the factory decks also have an amp ground attached to them on the ones that use the big metal ground strap.  its usually a black wire that is clipped onto the factory deck but is not part of the main harness.  if that is there, then it must also be grounded for the amp to work properly.  if thats not the case, test the speakers with a battery like someone else suggested previously.  if any of them do not make sound, they could be blown and causing the amp in the jvc to shut down.  in that case, just cut the connection to that speaker and see if the jvc works.  i know that pioneers are very sensitive to bad speakers, not sure about jvc though since i havent come across that yet with one.
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Harlem2k wrote:
[QUOTE=tech460]

/QUOTE] Hi there,

I just checked the fuse box and yes there is a reply in the NBS socket.

and I went to the place where i picked up the kit and harness adaptor, the guy there told me there should be an amp too. But he was amazed when I told him that on my stock stereo harness, there isn't a wire that's suppose to power on the amp.

so what should I do? :(

try finding the amp and just bypass it.

losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
if the worst comes the worst just re wire ur speakers. i have done this a million of times.
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic