icon

01 Pathfinder LE Remote Start Help Needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunyamunya 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

On Sunday of last week I installed an alarm with remote starter in my 2001Nissan Pathfinder LE. The installation took awhile, but I was able to do all. The only problem I ran into is when I start the car with the remote, the heater panel turns on but the blower does not. The panel even shows how hard the blower should be working, but it would not start until I put the key in and turn it to ON position. Also, the radio turns on with the remote start. Can someone help me with what mistake I made and guide me to which wires I should have connected. I did the installation with the wiring diagrams I have which are shown below. In the diagram, there are two accessory wires, one WHITE/ blue and one re / YELLOW. I connected only WHITE/ blue to the remote start and also connected starter and second starter. If I need to connect the Second Accessory, can someone tell me how I should do it? Thank you all in advance.

12V                                                         WHITE/ green +   ignition harness

STARTER                                              BLACK / YELLOW +   ignition harness
SECOND STARTER                           RED / black +   ignition harness
IGNITION                                               BLACK/ white +   ignition harness
ACCESSORY                                       WHITE/ blue +   ignition harness
SECOND ACCESSORY                     RED / yellow +   ignition harness
POWER LOCK                                     yellow -   pin 41 @ SECU *1
POWER UNLOCK                               lt. green *2 -   pin 30 @ SECU *1
LOCK MOTOR                                      blue     SECU *1
UNLOCK MOTOR                                WHITE/ purple     SECU *1
DISARM DEFEAT                                 yellow/black     SECU *1
PARKING LIGHTS +                            blue/black + fuse box
PARKING LIGHTS -                             red - headlamp control unit *5
HEADLIGHTS                                       PURPLE / white -   pin 4 @ SECU *1
DOOR TRIGGER                                 *3 -   SECU *1
DOME SUPERVISION                        use door trigger     
TRUNK/HATCH PIN                            blue/white -   pin 38 @ SECU *1
HOOD PIN                                            yellow/black -   pin 27 @ SECU *1
FACOTRY ALARM ARM                      arms with lock     
FACTORY ALRM DISARM                  disarms with unlock     
TACHOMETER                                     WHITE/ green     pin 25 @ ECM *4
SPEED SENSE                                    WHITE/ blue     cruise module in DKP
BRAKE WIRE                                       GREEN/ YELLOW +   brake pedal switch
HORN TRIGGER                                 lt. GREEN/ black -   column or pin 19 @ SECU *1

Andrew
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

2nd Accessory  relay config:

pin 87 - fused 12 volt constand

pin 86- fused 12 volt constant

pin 85- ground out when running wire from remote starter

pin 30- to 2nd acc wire on vehicle

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
If your tech sheet calls for 2nd accs.   LIGHT IT UP......unless it says something like (not needed for remote start)
dunyamunya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Snguyen, Thank you for your reply. Couple of things:

I have a ground out when running wire connected to my immobilizer unit. Should I just split that wire and send to the relay? Also, can I connect to the 12V constant to the ones that are going to the alarm?

Thank you again.

Andrew
dunyamunya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
I do not know what is going on, but what I wanted to say is that I have several diagrams from different sources and one says that Second Accessory is RED / Yellow, but the other one says that the same wire is Ignition 2. Can someone confirm which one is which? In addition, can I just connect to the accessory 2 instead of accessory?
Andrew
snguyen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
dunyamunya wrote:

Snguyen, Thank you for your reply. Couple of things:

I have a ground out when running wire connected to my immobilizer unit. Should I just split that wire and send to the relay? Also, can I connect to the 12V constant to the ones that are going to the alarm?

Thank you again.

Question #1

You can do that, but make sure you diodes it.

Question #2

Makesure you fused the connection.

snguyen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

dunyamunya wrote:
I do not know what is going on, but what I wanted to say is that I have several diagrams from different sources and one says that Second Accessory is RED / Yellow, but the other one says that the same wire is Ignition 2. Can someone confirm which one is which? In addition, can I just connect to the accessory 2 instead of accessory?

RED / yellow (acc)- Heater/Blower

Make sure you are using a DMM to verifiy proper wiring.  Different accessory wire power different accessory.  Better power both accessory wire up with a relay and be done with.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic