icon

First APS996a, now a Karr programming pro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Yvovandoorn 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Since I was helped out so much with installing my gf's car alarm yesterday I have a car alarm on my 2000 Mazda 626 that isn't working correctly.
I got my car after alarm was put in and the only reason why I know its a KARR is because my remote says so. So I am assuming its an aftermarket part then, not stock Mazda.
The problem...
After a shop messed with my car my car does not make a sound anymore when I arm and disarm the car. It will only make a sound when the alarm actually goes off or when I disarm while the alarm went off during it was armed.
So just regular disarming and arming it doesn't work.
I am unsure what model number, I think its the #2040 and it doesn't use a sirene for sound output but rather my horn.
The information my remote however is as follows.
Its an oval shape and has one button for arming/disarming, a button for panic and a button for trunk release and or optional.
The FCCID on the back of the remote is as follows...
ELVAT5H. There is a phone number as well however I can not read it.
One more thing. The range on this alarm is HORRIBLE. I have replaced the battery to the remote twice already thinking it was that, however even if I try to arm or disarm while I am standing next to the car it wont even arm or disarm. Same goes for the Trunk release option.
Anywho.. you guys helped me yesterday, I hope the same can be said now.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
since you are already familiar with the 996 (you put it in yourself right) why not upgrade? you realize your girlfriend has a cooler alarm than you right? not poking fun, just stating the facts (and i have no idea about a KARR alarm)
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
karr alarms are made by audiovox that dealers purchase for their vehicles to sell, and they are cheat ass.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
really? i thoughtthe dealler line was still prestige? the only difference is the remotes. they have round buttons and are different colors. who knows i guess i dont know everything

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic