the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Perfect 6.1 CS what X-over settings?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

big748 wrote:
The thign is do i need to but the woofer in enclosure. Like those plastic baffles ive seen on the net for weather protection?

No.  Just do a top-notch job on those doors before you make any other system changes.

blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok if you guys notice in the pic their is a bass eq knob its from 0-12db i put it do about 5 or 4 and wow the bass is reallly coming from the woofers in the doors. i turned off HP and LP so its running in full range. I almost don't miss the sub i had. But i still want my sub this will do enuff for me now. i just cant imagine whats its gonna be once the sub goes back in because now the fronts are set right! IM gonna deaded doors in summer its too cold now im gonna rip out the whole interior. How much you think in material its gonna cost me 1999 4dr honda civic including trunk?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Be careful with that "bass EQ" on your amp. It could make your amp clip and you could risk blowing your speakers. If you use it moderately its alright but don't go crazy with it to try to make your 6.5" speakers sound like subs.
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok i just checked the bass eq was only at 3 of 12. i lowered it to liek 2 of 12 maybe i shoudl just turn it to 0 ? but the thing i noticed is with HP on at 75HZ their is virtually no midbass not like their is when i run with both hp and lp off, full range. i just dont understand how this amp does 80 * 2 @ 4ohms stereo. WHen this amp is bridged it does 220*1 @ 4ohms. ALl other amps follow a pattern. following that parrent this amp shoudl do 110 *2 at 2 ohmms stereo, which it does as indicated in manual. BUt from what i seen then is 4ohms stereo the amp should only do 55*2 @ 4ohms stero. But in the manual it says it does 80 * 2 @ 4ohms stereo. Really weird to me. As my tantrum t300.2 does the following. 300*1 4 ohms bnidged, 150*2 2 ohms stereo, then 75*2 @ 4ohms stero. The alpine amp doesnt follow this pattern which leaves me to belive that it only does 55*2 @ 4ohms stereo and not 80*2 as it says.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
1) I recommend turning bass eq off all the time
2) I recommend always using a high pass filter on 6.5" drivers when integrated with a subwoofer. Once you get the sub in the bass will blend into the front. Don't worry.
3) Pattern shmattern. Manufacturers lie about ratings. Some amplifiers are better than others. Wattage ratings within a certain range don't matter anyway. Your Alpine is probably close to correctly rated. It is a higher quality amplifier than the Trantrum. My subwoofer amplifier is rated at 50x2 @ 4 ohms, 200x1 @ 4 bridged.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
ok so bass eq off and HP set to 75HZ is what i have to do to my components. the Tantrum amp is a good amp ppl on PG forums saying the tantrum will make my components sound better beacause it is a higher quality amp . I sorta belive them because tantrum is US built and not china built. BUt i will do this comparison when my t300.2 comes back from repair.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic