icon

99 Ford Windstar Remote Starter Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, I'm installing a Crimestopper RS999TW1 in a 99 Ford Windstar. I've got a couple wiring diagrams (including here) and I'm getting conflicting information. Two diagrams say that the parking light is Yellow/Light blue in the Front Electronic Module and two diagrams say that I need to use diodes and what not...

Which one is correct?? The diagram from this site says the wire is in Pin 21 of 22 pin connector in the front bcm...

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Neither are correct.....there are NO diodes needed for this project.

The wires are multiplexed, and need to be "broken" with a relay.

Heres a link to a DEI diagram on how to do this rig......there are actually 3 wires needed   WoW!

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1072.pdf

tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks... How am I supposed to know which diagram is correct?? I test all my wires that I can but don't know how to test things like above... I have another question... Is there a Second Ignition or Second Accessory? Some diagrams have 3 ignitions some have 2... Some have 2 accessories some have 1... Can you post the wiring diagram from directechs please?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
ClefCruiser 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan, is that the same diagram needed to do a DEI Py-881XP in a 97 Windstar, if not, can you link that daigram please!  Thnx!
KarTuneMan 
ClefCruiser 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

You da man!  Thanks a bunch, I have the factory service manuals, and had located all the places I assumed I would use, but for safety and as a sanity check, I wanted to have that information from Directed, as they have the experience with their product, and I want this to work the 1st time and not have to fool around with it to make it work!  :)

As another note, I want to do the following with the system, (the DEI Python 881XP)

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/python/N564P_6-03.pdf

Progressive Unlock, I assume from the manual (link above) it ties up the ch 4. (H2/3) Output for the remaining doors, anyway around this, because...

- I want to be able to (from remote) turn on added exterior lighting for the liftgate area (hitch lighting, 2x55w hitch lights under vehicle that illuminate exterior loading/unloading area, most of my service work is performed 3rd shift), latch mode, push once- they turn on, again- off unless ignition turned on- then they turn off.

- I want to be able to (preferably with 1 remote channel) open or close rear powered popout windows, perhaps push once they open, push again, they close unless ignition is started, then I want them to close.

- I want, when the system arms, to vent the front windows 1" (always, as I have Vent-Visors and rain isn't an issue) And when the Ignition starts, in addition to locking the doors, I want the front windows to close.

I know this sounds extreme, but that's why I bought "the top of the line" here, I assume this will be a relay nightmare, and I bought a dozen of those, but I am hoping that none of the conditions will leave a relay energized draining the battery.  I went ahead and had a local shop order in 530T window units (2) and a 508D dual zone sensor.  And online, ordered a bitwriter (gee, I wish I could find the PC programming interface kit somewhere!)  So now I seek advice, suggestions, (and warnings!) from the experienced participants of this forum.  Show me your IQs here, and as always, I appreciate any assistance here!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic