the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Eclipse lineup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Does that CD8455 have GPS in it?
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
From what i have read so far it does sorta.  i think you go on a site like map quest.com and plot your route then load it in or sumthing.   One of the big features that caught my attention was that they now have SRS surround decodeing which is very kool.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm...It is about time for me to get a new HU. I really want an in dash dvd but I know from my past experiance that after the new wears off I will never use it so I need to talk myself out of it.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

oonikfraleyoo wrote:
Hmm...It is about time for me to get a new HU. I really want an in dash dvd but I know from my past experiance that after the new wears off I will never use it so I need to talk myself out of it.

Let me know when you learn the secret to that technique.  I want to know what it is.  :-) 

Slightly more on-topic - while I do like feature list on the new eclipse decks, I'm a little disappointed by the picture video and inclusion of more bright multicolor leds.  Cheapens the look, in my opinion.  Any time I see a picture of a car on a cd deck I groan.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
I don't even think I'm close.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I like the LED design of the eclipse (even tho is kinda pisses on ym blue LED desires). And for some reason, I don't like the interaction as much. Without a proper good look at the monitor(it does tilt, which helps some) it gets ugly. Right now the 8454's screen handles the glare well that I have to deal with (stupid sun) but I really don't think the new lightup will, at all. It'll be boo hissy on me. I like the new look to a degree, but I liked the rubber knobs, it protects against human oils well. (Go buy something like a chrome PS2 controller, and don't polish it after playing a couple hours a few days, it tears it up to hell.) Its flashy, welcome to better marketting (Oooooo, pretty). The functions don't seem to be entirely similar (Sound just changed the easy mode equalizer, wtf?) I kinda like the inset power buttons with the plastic over them, but that is modest and I don't like the placement. HOnestly, I just think the 54 fits my car incredibly well and would prefer to stay with it.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
....opens Purolator envelope and what jumps out and says "Rob, how ya doin" but a nice new Eclipse price list and brochure.... Wow man....great pricing for Canada this year... waaaaahooooo. Too bad I may not be around to enjoy it though......could it be... the end of the line for forbidden?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Are you closeing your biz? or dropping eclipse?   Whats the canadian retail on the 8455?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Got some bad news on the family front from back home. Might have a focred move coming sooner rather than later. Family has to come first, so both stores are now on the chopping block. I have a new job lined up but sadly, no Eclipse (at least for now.....)

Canadian Retail on the 8455 is $999.99

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry to hear that Rob. Hope everything turns out okay.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.