icon

Adding Parking Light Flash

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
PyroTech 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2002 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for a way to add a parking light flash to the 1997-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Stock Keyless entry system.  The system uses the Map Lights for confirmation of the Arming and Disarming of the system which is not very useful on a nice sunny day. 

I have looked at the outputs of the ETACS ECU as well as the Keyless Entry control system as well, and have found no 'useful' outputs (read no 12 Volt or Ground pulses) to use in the switching of a relay. 

I may be able to pull a 12V or Ground pulse from the Power door Lock actuators, but would like help in configuring a relay between there and the Parking lights so that I do not burn the system up. 

If anyone has done this, or has any thoughts, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

pat28ca 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2002 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
the relay only needs milliamps to run so nothin will burn out if you do it like thisgrab spdt" single throw double throw" relay.   the relay should have 5 connection, 85,86 ,87,87a,30 . find the wire that brings power to the lights ( possibly green white at the junction box on drivers side kick panel)tap into it and connect that to 30 then connect 87 to 12 volts fused with the same size that the car uses for park light. for this connection use the same size wire too.  now you need to activate the switch,  find the wire for the "door lock" (BROWN / white located in passanger side kick pannel") tap into it and connect to 85 , then use the power from the same wire in 87 to send power to the 86 pin. so in the end 86 and 87 will both use the same 12 volts power. if you've never used a dmm , or if you don't even know what a dmm is , then take it into a shop.  i looked the diagram up in omega. if you've never done this before take it to the shop. you could end up with no car if your inexperienced. good luck
PyroTech 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2002 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the information, yes I am familiar with the Multi-Meter and have several to choose from Adding Parking Light Flash - Last Post -- posted image..  The main problem I was having was determining if there was a good switched signal that I could tap (which seems to be the 'Door Lock'), and if there would be any need for a Diode on the line to the parking lights to keep unwanted backfeed from reaching the Relay.  If you have the Omega Sheet for this car handy and could email it to me it would be a great help ( pyr0tech@bellsouth.net). 

Thanks for all of your help, I think that I am on the right track.  Also, thanks to all that worked to put this site out here, it is awesome for us 'Part Timers'.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic