New Clifford Turbo Timer Feature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dublay20 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the repost - noob mistake.

Anyways, I've searched extensively all over the internet and haven't found a solution to my problem.  I have a Clifford Intelliguard 6000 installed on my 2003 Subaru Impreza.  I had it professionally installed a couple years ago.  I would now like to to take advantage of the turbo timer feature (doing the "install" myself), and am having some trouble getting it to work properly....

Here's what I've done so far:

1.  programmed Auxiliary B output for TIMED operation

2.  programmed the "Autoactivate Auxiliary B" to OFF

3.  programmed the "Auxiliary B Interlock" to OFF

4.  wired the Auxiliary B negative output wire (gray/blue) to a 12v Bosch relay, to pin 85

5.  wired a fused 12v source to pins 86 and 87

6.  tapped into the 12v positive ignition output (GREEN/ blue)

I'll have the engine running, press the Auxiliary B button, and turn the ignition off and remove the key.  The engine keeps running like it's supposed to.  I'll get out of the car.  I press the button to arm the alarm, and NOTHING happens......

I have a feeling that I missed something along the way and that I may need to add a second relay.  Do I need to "trick" the alarm into thinking that the car's engine is shut off, so that it will allow the alarm to arm?  If so, how do I wire a second relay in?

Any help would be appreciated - as you can tell, I'm a bit of a noob, but trying to learn.  TIA!

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

As you said the alarm must be seeing ingition and not allowing to arm.  this is weird though because the intellistart module hooks up the same way and allows the unit to arm.  the only thing I can figure is that it must know the intellistart is under control through serial data.  There is another way you can do it with just one relay.  Take the GREEN/ blue to pin #87a on relay, thus isolating the alarm from ignition, then hook the car side of the ignition to terminal 30.  However, I do see one potential problem with this.  There will be a split second when the relay is switching contacts upon activation of the timer, that the car will see a quick ignition off then back on.  Might be freaky for the computer of the car.  Also the check to see if the alarm can be set off, while armed and under the control of the turbo timer.  I have never used the extra output for a turbo timer, I just figured it would have worked the way you did it and hooked it up like that.  guess not.  By the way I did find clifford documentation that states to do it the way I described.  that ignition thing might scare me though.

dublay20 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  

thanks scirocco - is the clifford documentation that you mention available online?  i'd like to take a look at it.....the installer's guide doesn't go into the turbo timer feature.

thanks for the help!

dublay20 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
bump...
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

I have it.  email me if you want it.

Scirocco is correct in his wiring.

85 - Negative output from alarm

86 and 87 - Fused 12V

87A - GREEN/ Blue towards alarm

30 - ignition (GREEN/ Blue headed towards ignition)

dublay20 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info Omar.  i sent you an email. New Clifford Turbo Timer Feature - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic