icon

GM Passlock2 ignition bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hence why I asked you to let the vehicle sit for 15 minutes. I assumed from your first post that you were trying to start the vehicle with the key too soon after the vehicle refused to start with the remote starter.
This is why I asked you to do a take over with the remote starter after you started it with the key. If the security light comes on but the vehicle continues to run then I can assure you that the problem is with the Rcode value being given to the passlock system. If the vehicle stalls then I can tell you that the problem is with the remote starter and probably has nothing to do with the passlock bypasskit. If the vehicle runs and the light stays out the the problem could be that the bypasskit is hooked up as a Passlock I (bulb test used, no rcode during crank) when in fact it should be hooked up as a Passlock II.
I can only speculate, and cannot tell you with any certainty what is wrong unless you do some additional testing. By doing a RS takeover we can cut the possibility of problems in half which is an excellent start on trying to find out what is going on. It's easy for someone to say that a product is crap and automatically mention that you should go and buy something else, but in 99% of the calls I take across north america, installation error is the problem with a huge majority of them, and by this I don't blame the installer, sometimes the installation documentation is quite weak itself which leads to most fo these errors.
We just need to find out where you went wrong.
Verto 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
erm well... will that work with the bypass kit off? cus i just took it off cus i got a new 1 coming... i guessed that the rcode value wasnt set rite so i ordered an autolearning unit... my digital voltmeter wouldnt pick anything up but my analog 1 did, but needed to be calibrated rite... so i figured autolearning unit would be worth saving the time and effort
Verto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
hehe im understandin ya GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Verto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
w00t! i got my bypass unit... but still no luck GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
can some1 help me?
heres my wires-
remote unit - car
orange accessory - orange at steering column
pink ign1 - pink ignition wire at steering column
purple - yellow starter at steering column
pink/white - white ign2 at steering column
active output - bypass unit
bypass unit - car / remote unit
yellow - yellow passlock wire
orange - ORANGE / black passlock wire
blue - active output
white - pink ign1 at steering column
yellow/black - starter at steering column
now i did this... and it wouldnt start... i also tried to put the key in and turn it to run and then remote start but it died... then i tried a takeover with the key in then remote start and the bypass unit hooked up but it died too... my bypass unit is the bulldog 791 auto sensing unit and i have a CSI400 remote unit
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
1st off
The bulldog unit is BS (or it just me being tired). The FIRST problem in the word directions tell you all this crap about how to install PASSLOCK II (you have II) connecting the white wire to the blue wire on the unit blah blah blah. SO CONFUSING. The pictures shows no connection to white wire. SEE HERE
2nd off
There is no where in the instructions on cutting the YELLOW wire. Maybe I just haven't seen this brand but the ones I have done and seen you have to CUT the yellow wire. I mean right off the bat if you DON'T cut the wire then when the bypass tries to activate it's going to ADD it's resistor to the ckt instead of switching the ckt off the ign and to the bypass. I mean I guess it could just attach to the ckt but it doesn't seem right
Here's the normal connections for PASSLOCK II
Even the DEI 555L cuts the YELLOW wire and it too is learning.
ALSO. YOU NEVER answered and above question......
There is NO BROWN wire (bulb check) on PASSLOCK II. If your connecting to some brown wire then it too might be causing the issue.
Also,
If you couldn't get a resistance value with your digital meter then you must being doing something wrong. I only own a digital and have used it countless times.
If you haven't already fixed this double check how your getting the resistance value (remember the key sometimes has to go all the way to crank) and either get the 555dl, wire it manually or find one a bypasskit.com.
Verto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
heh... got it to work today GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
had the starter hooked up rite just missing the bypass unit... didnt have it hooked to the rite ignition wires... brown wire was accessory2 didnt have it hooked to the bypass unit to its irrevelent
the bulldog unit worked perfectly GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. and no it dont require u to cut the yellow wire just splice it in... no when the key is not turned on it there is no resistance cus it isnt a closed circuit...
and in the instructions it says the bulb check light is only for passlock1... i found the instructions easy to follow once i READ them... lol! was lookin at the diagram b4... so its all good now. GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
P.S. I RECCOMEND THE BULLDOG 791 BYPASS UNIT!
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet.
Glad it was something simple like that.
Verto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for ur help GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
i enjoy scaring people by starting it when they walk by my car... its quite entertaining...
been a couple weeks of use and all is holding up GM Passlock2 ignition bypass - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. hehe
now for my other truck... has passlock1 on it gonna be a pain in the ass too...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic