icon

viper 5000, 1995 GMC reg cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
98vols 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys here is my problem. My fathers truck was broken into a few months ago 1995 GMC reg cab. and they stole his radio. Anyway it had an older GM Accessories alarm in it that I had installed about 6 years ago and the alarm never went didn't go off untill after they got in the truck and got the radio out and I guess they were going behind the seat to get the speakers, amp and sat tuner when it finally went off. Come to find out the rh door jamb switch had gone out and we never noticed (the door is hardly used). anyway Geico took care of everything and we had plenty of money after all was said and done by doing the work ourselves I am a Tech for Chevrolet. Then he decided he wanted to upgrade his alarm. I have a 791xv in my truck so he wanted something like mine. Well he has a Manual Trans so no need for the Remote start and he had manual locks and windows. Well we went with the Viper 5000 and the DEI door lock kit and had it installed at our local Viper dealer. And he mentioned to me that his alarm keeps going off for no reason at work usually the same time everyday and a few times at the house at night his transmitter beeps. Well it seems like the Transmitter is beeping warn away but I don't think the alarm on the truck is actually going off or sounding the warn away siren just the transmitter? Have any of you seen any problems with the 5000 transmitters.  or have any suggestions before I carry it back to the installer. I am afraid that If I take it back to them it will be a problem where they won't be able to duplicate it and end up giving me the run around.

Thanks

Chris

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
First suggestion...if it's only doing warn away, the shock sensor may be a little too sensitive. It could also be just high winds if the truck's parked in an area prone to them.
Second suggestion...please use the enter key after sentences in future posts, it makes your post much easier to read.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
tell him to hit the lock twice and it will bypass the shock sensor.....if the alarm doesnt go off faultly anymore then u know for sure that ur problem is with the shock sensor.....good uck
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
76eldoconvertfi 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  

Viper 5000, Oh I know it too well. I posted about my 500 install woes awhile ago and it's still an ongoing battle. After having all the (not needed) sensors sold to me removed, I settled on:

• The main ECU which has a built in shock sensor. To answer you original question, yes the sensor is adjustable via the remote (that's the sliding bar scale at the bottom of the remote display), and I agree it's probably too sensitive.
  • A 509U Ultrasonic. Nice piece but positioning is very important.
  • A 507T tilt/motion sensor.

The 507T has been giving me fits. Every once and awhile the wife comes home and tells me that the alarm kept going off after arming and it's the tilt sensor. I could never get it to trigger for me until a couple of days ago when we parked on an incline with the nose down. The sucker would not settle down so I armed and bypassed zone 7, which is the zone it's wired to. As a note I could duplicate the problem by parking nose down but on the same incline with the back down it wouldn't trigger? viper 5000, 1995 GMC reg cab - Last Post -- posted image.

I spent 3 hours with my installer today and he changed the degree from 1 to 3 and the sensitivity from high to medium. Great, all's well again. NOT!. viper 5000, 1995 GMC reg cab - Last Post -- posted image.

AT 11:45 pm the alarm went off and got us and a bunch of our neighbors out of bed. The car is parked on level ground so I figured maybe a cat had jumped on the hood and rocked it. So I disarmed and rearmed. honk-honk-honk! viper 5000, 1995 GMC reg cab - Last Post -- posted image. Three times it triggered before I bypassed zone 7 again and came back into the house to write this rant.

All I can figure out is that maybe the 507T is faulty with a cold soldier joint or something! viper 5000, 1995 GMC reg cab - Last Post -- posted image. Another peeve I have about the 5000 is the remote range. Man I wish I could find some way to extend it.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Is the antenna wire bunched up under the dash?
For some odd reason, they don't like the extra 12" or so of antenna wire bunched up together.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic