icon

Just when I think it's all good ....

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
The Distortion 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2002 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking at one of the Stinger Dream Series Interconnect cables that I have not yet installed , when I noticed arrows pointing in one direction on the sheath of the cable, then I glanced at the box it came in and it says "Directional" RUT ROH!!!

I immediately went out to my car(assuming the worst) to take a look at the two cables I had already run under the carpet(that took me two hours to do) and to my amazement I see the cables have the arrows pointing from the head unit towards the amps( I am assumming this is the direction they go since this is the direction the signal travels) I was soooooooooooooooooo relieved I do not have to redo them, or do I?
So what does the directional cable do? What happens if it is connected backwards? What is the purpose of it? Is the arrow supposed to point from the head unit towards the amp??(I am 99.999% sure it is ,yet I have to ask to be sure =)
There is no wire to connect to ground at the head unit, these look like regular cables, except for the arrows

Thanks as always, I'm taking a few days off:)

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2002 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

Only time I've ever noticed arrows is when they put them on speaker wire to distinguish positive from negative.  But nonetheless, you are correct--the signal flows FROM the head unit, TO the amp, so you should have the arrow pointed towards the amp.  Now as for whether or not this directional stuff really makes much of a difference, I have no idea. I've never heard of it but I would not rule it out as a possibility.  Or then again maybe it's a marketing thing

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic