icon

02 dodge ram starter kill

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duece02 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2003 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
i have a pre-wired relay, and this truck still start while the alarm is activated. i have checked the relays already and thats not the problem. these are the only trucks i have this problem with, anyone have suggestions. i use prestige aps25kb. 
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2003 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
If you pull the relay out of the harness will the truck start with the Key?  If it does then you either have the wrong starter wire or there are two starter wires.  If it doesn't start with the key, then you either have a bad harness or you are using the wrong trigger.  Make sure sure you are using the ground out when armes output and not just the ground out when running output from the alarm. 
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
duece02 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
thanks J Rilla, there must be two starter wires because it will start with the relay out.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

Did over a dozen Dodge Ram from 1999 to 2002.  It comes with one Starter wire.  The wire is Yellow or Blue / YELLOW above 16ga.

STARTER YEL or BLU/YEL IGNITION SWITCH

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

Like 1Onesne1 said you probably have the wrong starter wire, since Dodge only uses one as far as i know.  I was just suggesting all posibilities.  Make sure that wire only shows 12v in the crank position.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic