icon

One of those moments

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
formulaws6 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

Do you ever have one of those moments when you are installing something and its not working and you cant figure out why.. Then you realize what it is and feel stupid.. Yeah.. I did that when I was installing my new pioneer 6800 in my firebird. The old radio shorted really bad... Sparks, smoke, and a little flame bad. So it was time to update finaly. Get it home after work and go to install it and Im not gettin juice. So I pull out my tester light and start testing it and realize the main power on the factory harness isnt giving off any charge. After sitting fustrated for about 10mins not able to figure it out I desided to check my fuse box. *duh* Well I pull all the fuses marked radio all good. Appearntly there is just one labeled pwr in there. And its hooked to the main power. Then I had to drive to a cornor store a 12 at night to get a 15amp. But it did the trick. Felt like a complete idiot for not thinking of it right off.

The point of this long drawn out story is me just making sure Im not the only person that has done this. Any stories?

Steven
96 Firebird Formula WS6, 6.5" Alpine Type-R's, Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

I have to admit...got a Grand Voyager. Shorted out the stock stereo. I checked the fuses under the hood...couldn't find any otheres. Put in a new HU and couldn't get the ACC V+ to work so I wired the memory and hot together figuring it would only be temporary. Well...after killing that battery and a new one, it was time to reroute the ACC V+ to the fuse box under the hood. While running the new power cable, I find another fuse box underneath the steering wheel...sure enough, there's the blown fuse. I STILL don't hear the end of it from my girlfriend. Never should have told her what happened.

You are NOT alone LOL

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Installing a remote in a car(can't remember) and get everything down and nothing works. Start testing my wires everything is good. Spend about 30-45 minutes looking at it getting extremely wized. Finally out of the corner of my eye I see the ground wire just hanging there. Then I felt stupid. I'm still hearing about that and its been about a year.
formulaws6 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Top this. Wired a stereo system in to my friends factory headunit 02 civic. Un hooked the battery to put the amp main power in. Put the power back on to test the system... The radio doesnt come on... After checking over all my wires *twice*. I sit down in the seat and look at the radio. Then I pressed the power botten and it turned on. Then it asked for a code and thats a whole different rant.
Steven
96 Firebird Formula WS6, 6.5" Alpine Type-R's, Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic