icon

Valet 563T Remote Start not working right

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
njracer23 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all. I just finished installing a Valet 563T keyless entry/alarm/remote starter. The keyless entry and alarm work great. The Remote Starter doesnt however. When i press to start the truck, it goes through and starts it successfully but then shuts off after about 2 seconds. It is installed in a 98 Dakota sport 3.9L. It is a pretty basic truck that didnt have power locks or anything until i installed aftermarket ones.
To make a long story short, does anyone know if this is due to some anti-theft module and if so, can anyone help me out to what i need to do to bypass it? Thank you very much!
Nic J.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
What wire did you use for tach? Did you program the tach signal?
njracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
i used the grey-black from the coil for the tach wire. I have tried to program the tach signal and it doesnt seem to want to work. I start the truck and press and hold the valet switch but the LED never lights up. I know the light and switch are good because i programmed another remote and that worked fine. I held the thing for many minutes, even switched the jumper turning the threshold off and still nothing. Any thoughts?
Nic J.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Try using an injector wire instead. When you program tach you just press and release the button. You should then see and hear the parking lights flash.
njracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
You are the man! Thats exactly what was up. I switched to an injector wire and now she works. Should it be on a certain injector? It doesnt start the first time around now, it just hits the starter for less than a second, then the second time it cranks for a bit and starts up then. I have it hooked up to i believe the 6th cylinder grayish wire on the injector (closest injector the the passenger side firewall). Thanks for the help though!!
Nic J.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
The start/stop you're describing is normal when you go to an injector for tach with a dei remote start.  You'll have to pick it up at the coil try using the BLACK/ gray wire instead.  The other option you can try is reprogram the tach signal and rev the engine to about 1200 rpm.  The down side of doing it that way is the pitstop feature may cause the starter to grind.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
njracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
i originally had it hooked up to the black gray wire from the coil and nothing happened. I couldnt get it to program nor would it stay running.
Nic J.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic