icon

2002 chyrsler conorde with starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackheart131 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
i have just installed a rs1304 crimestopper remote starter into a 2002 chrysler concorde, i installed with a t-harness.  I have been doin this stuff for years on imports but never installed one on this car..  If you use the remote starter normally when you get in drive and go to shut the car down the key does not shut off the engine only the remote start does.   This does not happen when you just use the car ignition normally.  Also the air bag light stays on?  If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  thank you. 
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

Regardeless of what kind of vehicle a remote start is installed into..it should operate as such...

Remote start........turn key to "run"....step on brake...rs shuts down but car keeps running since key is in run...turn off key..engine shuts down..You only want the RS to start the car and operate any accessories you require, once you get in and drive off the remote start needs to be shut down..in other words you are not at the mercy of it..it is at the mercy of you..you want the ignition key to be able to shut the car down at ANY time after you drive the car..it is a potential safety hazard if not operating this way.

If it is not doing exactly that you need to check your brake connection..it should show 12v+ when the brake is pressed and be connected solidly to the proper wire of the RS unit. (normally listed as positive shutdown)

As far as the airbag light it might just need a reset..sometimes you can do that yourself..sometimes it needs to go to the dealer..perhaps someone knows on your vehicle and will post..I am not sure. You might also look through the owners manual..a long shot but once in a while they throw you a bone.

Now the cause of what made the air bag light came on may need to be addressed. You have to make sure you connected all the wires at the ignition harness that is required. I will post the wires so just double check that they are all hooked up and connected well. The T adaptor may not be making a good contact OR perhaps a wire it needs is not even in the harness.

12volts  pink/black or red    +   ignition harness 

Starter  yellow    +   ignition harness          
Ignition  dk. blue/white    +   ignition harness 
Second Ignition  GREEN/ red    +   ignition harness         
Accessory  BLACK/ orange    +   ignition harness 
Second Accessory  BLACK/ white    +   ignition harness 

Good luck and keep us posted.

blackheart131 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i meant it was a 1995 chrylser concorde. got mixed up with another car i recently did today. thanks
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

Ok..regardless everything I posted still holds true. I only list to an 04..are you sure it's an 05? Anyhow..if these colors match up it is the same for an 05 so check it.

12volts  red (40A), pink/black (40A)   +   ignition harness 

Starter  yellow   +   ignition harness       
Ignition  dk. blue/white   +   ignition harness 
Second Ignition  dk. GREEN/ red   +   ignition harness        
Accessory  BLACK/ orange   +   ignition harness 
Second Accessory  BLACK/ white   +   ignition harness 
Keysense  lt. blue   -   ign harn or BCM, black plug, pin 24 

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

oh wait..95..lol..I looked up 05....here is 95...

oh..what do you know..it mentions the air bag light...

12volts  pink/black,red (20A)    +   ignition harness 

Starter  yellow/gold dots    +   ignition harness          
Ignition  dk. blue/gold dots    +   ignition harness 
Second Ignition  RED / wht/gold dots    +   ignition harness  
 Accessory  BLACK/ orange    +   ignition harness      

The SRS (air bag) warning light may come on after remote started, after the key is inserted and the remote start shut down with the brake. If this happens, find an 18ga (NOT 12ga) RED / white in the ignition harness. Power it as an Ign 3 with an additional relay.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
if you require a diagram on how to do this let me know. The only info I will need is if your remote start as an output for 3rd ingnition..and if so is it negative. If not does it have a positive 2nd ignition output. If you already know how to do this then disregard the post.
blackheart131 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
it is a 1304 crimestopper and it has a 2nd ignition but that is connected to the box via the t-harnes.  I would need some wiring help with the relay if you have any info.  thanks
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Ok..you will still keep the second ignition hooked up as it is...but tap off it to feed the relay...here is the diagram,,,,,

2002 chyrsler conorde with starter - Last Post -- posted image.

blackheart131 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
could that be why it wont shut off when you turn the key off when started with the remote starter?
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

No..that wire only has to do with the airbag warning light.

The only thing that could cause the engine not to shut off with the key is if the brake shut down is not hooked up..or if you turn the key off before stepping on the brake if it is hooked up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic