icon

Titling MP3 tracks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jimbob 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Sony FM CD/MP3 changer that is capable of reading track titles.  Does anyone know how to burn MP3 discs so that my changer will be able to read the title.  I read a little bit in the manual about what is required for the changer to be able to read them, but it was all Greek to me.  Romeo and Joliot or something like that.  I can elaborate on what the manual says, but I figured it wouldn't help anyone who knows how to do this already and it would be useless to someone who doesn't know.  I use musicmatch to burn my discs, but I will try another program if i need to.

Thanks, any info is welcomed

Jimbob
Beverly Hills
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

I believe your mp3s have to have "tags".....the information that your changer will read.  This is what I do to "tag" them.  I open up an mp3 in winamp, and I right click on the mp3 in winamp's playlist, and I go to "File Info".  There, you can "ID3v1_Tag", and the "ID3v2_Tag" information.  Then, I think when you burn the mp3 disc, the changer will be able to read the information.

By the way, which changer did you get and where did you get it?  I was looking into getting one of those changers.

BmpnSilvi98 
Copper - Posts: 15
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Easy CD Creator 5 is a really good program for burning mp3 discs.  Just click on music cd and it gives u a list of the types of music cd's u just click on the mp3 one and start putting the songs onto a list then u burn the cd
Justin
Hey man what do u have in ur trunk? "mtx." Well they sound like legacy's to me
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Do exactly what cpgoose described to add and/or edit the ID3 tags for each MP3 using WinAmp. Next, using the CD Burning software of your choice, burn a data CD with as many MP3's as you can fit on it. On average you'll be able to put 150 to 180 MP3's on a CD.  If you group your MP3's in different folders, the Sony changer will treat each directory as an album that you can scroll through until you get to the album (directory) you want. Example, put all Boston MP3's in a folder named Boston, all Aerosmith MP3's in a folder named Aerosmith, etc.  You can even be more descriptive with your folder names such as "Aerosmith - Get a Grip" and so on.

Jimbob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

I got it off ebay through a company called returnbuy.  They had the ebst price and shipping was 11.99.  The name scared me since they sell a lot of refurbished products but thay also sell beand new which mine was.  Here is a lonk to the same thing I bought.

This thing is perfect for using with my stock head unit, the controller is really nice, not an eye sore like some I have seen, and the remote is great, although they could have made it a little sleeker, or something to make it nicer.  I still have my first sony changer that was only for plugging into a sony deck, but on my new van putting an aftermarket head unit in looks stupid in the double din space, so I just hooked up my deck and changer in my basement.  The changer is like 7 years old and works perfectly.  So for me getting another Sony for only $180, AND it plays MP3's, I couldn't be happier.   

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3004345047&category=3293

Jimbob
Beverly Hills
Jimbob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
ok so iam a lttle inexperienced here.  I use musicmatch to burn cd's and I am not sure how to use folders.  I select my tracks and then hit burn, but I dont see where to use folders, unless I am supposed to create a data cd.  I have three options: Audio CD, MP3 cd, and data.  When I select data I am able to create folders.  Is that what I need to do?  Is there a way to control the order of the folders and tracks, or will it just go in alphabetical order?  Thanks for the help so far, I just downloaded winamp and I am going to check it out.
Jimbob
Beverly Hills
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, create a data CD. Typically the folders will be burned in alphabetical order.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic