icon

06 hummer h3 w/monsoon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
955i 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have an  06 Hummer H3 with the 6 disk in dash head unit, factory xm and monsoon with the sub. It has the Onstar delete option (no Onstar). I purchased a Kenwood DDX-7019 double din touchscreen head unit with the KNA-G510 nav add-on.

I plan on using the Scosche GM1595B kit to mount it. I would also like to keep the the Monsoon amp and factory speakers (at least for now, I have trouble leaving well enough alone). I would like to also keep the front rear fading, the chimes and the RAP system functional.

So here are the questions:

1-What interface would you recommend?

2-What else will I need besides the interface, the mounting kit and antenna adapter?

3-Will I use head unit power for speakers or the monsoon or a conbination of both?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

955i 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody?
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Use the OS2bose interface and GM Antenna Adaptor.  the OS2 Bose is byPAC and on some models you may need to combine the 3 purple wires between the two GM Connectors,,,there will be instructions in the package,,,
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
if the wiring is done at the radio location meaning you dont actually run new speaker wire from the headunit location to the factory speaker wires at the output side of the amp then you will still be using your monsoon amp. The data bus interfaces will use your amp. On some cars with real wimpy factory amplified systems, the bose in the acura rsx type s comes to mind, then it is advisable to bypass the factory amp and run new wires
lowtech817 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

In the H3 the monsoon amp can be triggered by data tho, much like the cadillacs you will need Os2Bose by Pac, which will keep your OnStar, Door Chime, etc.

And you wont have to go through the trouble of getting an Accesory wire from the fuse relay centre.

Cheers.

955i 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

My understanding though was that the OS2Bose was for Onstar. I don't have Onstar but have the 6 disk in-dash with XM and Monsoon system with sub. Looking to retain chimes and Monsoon but not Onstar (as I don't have Onstar). Is this still the correct interface if I don't have Onstar? Don't mean to re ask, just wan't to clarify as I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks

Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

Yes,,,use it even without Onstar,,,you will also need a PAC CM1 if you want to retain chimes,,,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic