icon

sub selection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01trublugt 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2007 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

Could use some input here. I am working on gathering components to put a system in an 03 Explorer I just got. Now I got the Explorer for the specific reason of carrying around the little one on the way so saving space is primary here. I have always been more prone to SQ over SPL, and since this will not be my DD and most times I am in it my baby will be to, I did not want to go overboard with alot of equipment.

I got my hands on an OEM sub box that fits behind the factory panel and holds 1 8" sub. Once it gets here I am going to check its internal volume and construction and either use it to hold 1 8, or use it as a mold to build a FG replica that holds 1 10. There are 3 subs I have been considering they are both 4ohm DVC subs:

1.) Elemental Designs 9kv.2 as seen here: http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=29

2.) RE Audio, RE Series 8" DVC as seen here: http://www.reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_re

3.) Image Dynamics ID8 v.3 4ohm DVC seen here: http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/tech_page.php?name=ID8D4%20V.3&type=sub&id=id

I am going to be using an Eclipse XA5000 to power it so I should be feeding the sub about 400 or so watts.

I know ID have always been the sq sub, the only reason I am considering the others is because I am moving down to an 8" sub, while sq is my main objective I still need something that will handle the lower end well.

1loudvous 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have ED subs (13kv.3) and i cant say anything bad about them. Recommended.
2002 Buick Rendezvous
Pioneer 4800MP
Polk db6501s
Polk Db651s
Elemental Designs 13kv.3 (2)
Kicker 300.1 (soon to be two)
Kciker 350.4
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 19Ov.2 and love it.I've wanted to mess around with the 9Kv.2/3s.excellent woofers for the price
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
I've heard great things about all three brands.  I betcha you'd be happy with any of them.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic