icon

code alarm 530 remote starter trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
that truck has seperate coils did you try one of them yet, sometimes injector reading can be very "iffy".
06f150 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, if you read my other post I was at an coil first and all kinds of thing started happing.
I was told that an injector was better other an coi
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

What do you mean it "will not start on the first try ..."

a) will crank for ___ seconds and then stop, then retry cranking and successfully start...

b) will attempt a weak crank.. stop, retry and then crank to a successful start...

c) only accessory and ignition power comes on, no crank... no start... then retry and successful start...

d) none of the above

e) some of the above

What are you using for immobilizer bypass....?

The search function is your friend.
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

What do you mean it "will not start on the first try ..."

a) will crank for ___ seconds and then stop, then retry cranking and successfully start...

b) will attempt a weak crank.. stop, retry and then crank to a successful start...

c) only accessory and ignition power comes on, no crank... no start... then retry and successful start...

d) none of the above

e) some of the above

What are you using for immobilizer bypass....?

That would be A, it cranks like it would still be set on a 1.5 adj. crank time witch it is not though. Bypass is a CODE Alarm XK04 Ford Transponder Bypass Module
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Unplug your bypass and put the key in.....try R/S.
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
I would but it only is getting into the teens at night, so I'll have to wait till it gets colder next next.
why do you think that it is the bypass? Since it is starting fine on the second go,
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I just got off the phone with whom I bought the unit from and he is sending me a new brain out at no charge. He said the some times the tach signal is so low that the unit does not pick it up, basically the brain is just jacked up, When I talked to Code alarm customer service they also send this could be the problem. So he is sending out a new brain on Monday and should get it by Wednesday of next week.
So I guess I will wait and see, I am still open to suggestions if
anybody has them.
Thanks for the help!!
Josh
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
So I put in the new brain two days ago, reprogrammed the tach, worked fine when i was testing it out. Now today it is about 0F degrees out, went to start the truck, it cranked it for four different times(cranking then stop, then re crank then stop, etc four times) and still did not start. Hit the start button again and it when through it four more times with out starting it, a total of 8 cranking attempts. Hit the start button again then on the first try it started the truck, it run for 3 or 4 seconds then shut off.
Now what I did notice it that the theft light on the truck was solid red, when it was attempting to start the truck.
I am thinking bypass but... why would the truck start fine when it is a little warmer outside and not when it is cold like this as when I was testing it it was working fine??
Thanks again
Josh
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Solid red means the bypass is good. If the bypass were bad, the light would flash rapidly.
That truck has an anti-overcrank feature from the factory.........that is, you can hold the key in the Start position as long as you want, and the engine will still start and run perfectly.
You might just try switching to voltage sense mode, and adjust the crank time to 1.5 or even 2.0 seconds, and see how that goes.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic