icon

2002 bmw 325i remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Johnnynguyen20 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
hello, can someone tell me if this is can be install alarm/remote starter in it. it going to be the Viper 791XV. i have not work on this BMW before. it look to be easy when i check the wiring digram for it. someone posted and said the DEI 556U bypass transponder won't work for it, but i have the code alarm Universal transponder immobiliser bypass with relayed (+/-) keysense shutoff& express loop RF Antenna. MODEL # UTI. i don't have it going to work for this car. can someone help. please. thanks for your reply
Johnnynguyen
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I did an '05 recently, which I believe is the same.
It wasn't as bad as some other European cars I've worked on, but I wouldn't call it easy, no. Definitely not a fast job.
I removed the driver's kick panel and got the arm/disarm wires as they come in from the driver's door, and they control the doorlocks too.
There's also a trunk-release switch right there in the kick panel. I didn't try, but I'd imagine you can get the trunk wire right there.
The ignition wires were a little awkward to get to, in the harness that comes down from the steering column, but not too bad.
There's a special document that tells you how to take apart the parking light switch....... DEI's website lists positive left and right parking light wires, but they only control the rear lamps, not the front.
The 556U works, but contrary to the instructions. You have to use the installation method that says "will not work in European vehicles."
I didn't try a regular-style bypass with the transponder ring, but a friend of mine tells me it won't work.
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
like chris said the 556u will work. you have to use the diagram that says will not work for european vechicles. if you use the diagram that says will work for euro cars then your gonna have to go to the dealer to
replace the entire ews system. One of the other guys I had worked with did this and it cost over 2k at the dealer to fix. The dealer will bend you over with no lube. LOL
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

The parking lights are not positive left and right.....what you have to do is actually interrupt the 4th wire to left with a relay to make the parking lights flash.  On top of that it is odd that you guys mention the "will not work in European vehicles" works(not saying it doesnt work as I've never tried it)... I've tried it with the "will work on european vehicles"  on an 02 and 04  3 series and on top of that i've tried it on an 03 jetta and have had zero issues.  As far as I know if the wire is cut it wont allow the vehicle to turn on but if connected back again it should go back to normal.

Door locks are behind the glove box and with extended triggers it will roll window up and down using the validity channels.

These are the steps I took on those models.....

Cut one of the factory immobilizer wires( you will see 2 thin gauge wires coming from the key cylinder.)

Cut the 556u ring and connect the BLACK/ red and BLACK/ white connect together and solder it to the key side immobilizer wire that was cut.

The remaining black wire from the 556u would then be connected to the immobilizer side wire that was cut.

BTW having 556u ring on the cylinder does work but looks really messy...better to do the alternate methods

******also make sure you have the valet key and not the key with the remote on it for the bypass********

Johnnynguyen20 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

all right, thanks to all of you alot. and happy new year

Johnnynguyen
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

BMW part# 66-008362278 factory transponder ring. $30.00. cut one of the factroy transponder wires take the ring side of that wire to pin 87a, and the other side to pin 30.

The new transponder ring... take one of the wires to the factory rings wire that was NOT cut, and the other to pin 87 on your relay. 12V to 86, and trigger with ground while running on 85.

take a valid key and center it in the ring......tape the crap out of it. Make sure to center the key.....you don't want to have to take off all that tape to fix the postion of the key. This works

TRUNK RELEASE Gray/red At release switch in dash   - 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic