icon

06 silverado door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
What do you guys use for door trigger on the 03+ GM trucks?  The truck in question is a 2006 2500HD and I used a Peripheral PGMDLBP.  I used the gray/black dome supervision on the door input from the alarm (not from the databus module), but the owner is particular in that if the dome overide button is off, it does'nt trigger the doors.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
the gray/black shows that its the actual door pin and not the dome light. you have to go straigh tto the BCM (PITA) but it might b your only solution. im not sure what wire it is, but i beleiev Chris posted some info about this.
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
I think the bypass kits amdl should do the trick.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
The output from the GMDLBP will work regardless if the dome light overide is on or off. The only other way to do it is to diode isolate the negative doorpin input wire and run one into each front door. The circuit only exists inside the doors between the switches and the door modules.
sparky
jonyb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
The output from the GMDLBP will work regardless if the dome light overide is on or off. The only other way to do it is to diode isolate the negative doorpin input wire and run one into each front door. The circuit only exists inside the doors between the switches and the door modules.

So instead of using the door trigger from the alarm, use the door trigger output from the PGMDLBP and it'll work regardless of the dome override button, correct?

Thanks for all the replies so far....

jonyb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

I just checked the diagram from the PGMDLBP.  I'm guessing the door trigger input (pink/white) should go to the - door trigger from the alarm, right?

I haven't done one of these trucks in a while so I need some refreshing.

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I need to clarify this. If you need a input for your alarm that triggers when a door is open, use the pink/white wire. It is a negative trigger so hook it up to the alarm's negative doorpin input. If you want the interior lights to come on when the alarm is disarmed, the GMDLBP should do this automatically, but the dome light overide switch must be off to allow the dome lights to work. If for some stupid reason the owner wants the dome light overide on and still wants illuminated entry, then you will need a relay. The output from the alarm that is designed for illuminated entry will trigger the relay. The relay will have to be wired to connect to the dome light wire directly, bypassing the BCM. Connecting to any of the switched wires on one of the dome lights should turn them all on, as they are usually in a parallel circuit. I should also mention that the GMDLBP only senses that the front doors are open. If the truck is a crew cab with four separate doors, you will need to diode isolate the front doors into each of the rear doorpins wires at the BCM.
sparky
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
The rears are GREEN/ black and blue/black on the back plug of the bcm.
jonyb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
Maybe I need to clarify this. If you need a input for your alarm that triggers when a door is open, use the pink/white wire. It is a negative trigger so hook it up to the alarm's negative doorpin input. If you want the interior lights to come on when the alarm is disarmed, the GMDLBP should do this automatically, but the dome light overide switch must be off to allow the dome lights to work. If for some stupid reason the owner wants the dome light overide on and still wants illuminated entry, then you will need a relay. The output from the alarm that is designed for illuminated entry will trigger the relay. The relay will have to be wired to connect to the dome light wire directly, bypassing the BCM. Connecting to any of the switched wires on one of the dome lights should turn them all on, as they are usually in a parallel circuit. I should also mention that the GMDLBP only senses that the front doors are open. If the truck is a crew cab with four separate doors, you will need to diode isolate the front doors into each of the rear doorpins wires at the BCM.

I just want the alarm to trigger from any of the doors opening.  Not worried about  illuminated entry.  When I mentioned dome supervision, I intended for the alarm to trigger when it saw the domelight come on.   So the pink/white from PGMDLBP is going straight to the negative door trigger input from the alarm.

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Correct, provided the truck only has 2 doors. The pink/white goes to ground when either front door is opened. It derives this from the Class II data bus.
sparky
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic