icon

acura rsx driver priority unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wykdfantasy 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please help me find the wire for the driver side priority unlock on the 2005 or 2006 Acura RSX? I am installing a Viper alarm and I have searched all over and can not locate an answer.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

hey bro, here you go. make sure you wire up 2 relay ! or you will toast your unit. its a REV polarity.

Driver Master Unlock: YELLOW /GREEN (REV POLARITY) @ drivers kick panel.

Driver Master Lock: Yellow/Black (REV POLARITY) @ driver kicks panel.

you can also get to the wires from the back of the fuse box. The colours will be the same and its located in a 13 pin connector.

wykdfantasy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much, so just to confirm so i don't toast anything. I am using a relay, to switch the Positive current, as the pulse from the alarm is a negative pulse. Any suggestions on the wire setup for the relay, I've only used one before with the help of a diagram. I have an extra SPDT relay at my house, that should work.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

a SPDT will work fine. wire up your relay like so. you will need 2 if you wish to lock and unlock driver door on its own, but i recomend you lock all doors with one push and open driver, then the rest.

85 - constant 12v

86 - driver proprity unlock
87 - constant 12v
87a - unlock wire SWITCH SIDE
30 - unlock wire MOTOR SIDE

you will have to cut the YELLOW /GREEN in half and wire each end to the corresponding relay leg as i mentioned above.

wykdfantasy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
I am still working on this, how come if the RSX stock alarm has progressive locks, where if you hit unlock once only the driver door unlocks, and if you hit it again then all unlock. Then why do I need another relay, shouldn't there be one built in if the stock alarm has this feature already?
tedmond 
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
it is built into the factory alarm, but i dont know of a way to tell driver door to unlock without going to the motor itself. Maybe some1 will more insight on this. Currently, i only know that you can sent a NEG to the factory alarm to arm or disarm it.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
On what I would say is a majority of cars with factory keyless, the driver's door unlock relay is built into a control module and not accessible either in a relay/fuse box or via external control wires.
There are quite a few exceptions to this - many cars have easily accessible relay boxes with a driver's unlock relay. The difficulty in using this with an aftermarket alarm or remote start is that the alarm/rs manufacturers don't usually give you any info on where that relay is or what the wire colors to it are(and again, these cars are a minority). The easiest and simplest way for the most part is to just use your own relay on the driver's unlock motor lead (which the mfrs. usually DO give you.)
On some cars, particularly Toyotas, the unlock wire coming from the driver's key cylinder will work the driver's door on the first ground pulse and the other doors with the second pulse; therefore you don't need a relay to do priority unlock.
Unfortunately I don't think your Acura will do that; IIRC the key cylinder unlock wire has to be held for several seconds and there's no easy way to do that with an aftermarket alarm.
If you have access to a complete wiring database such as Alldata or Mitchell that gives you wiring diagrams, you may be able to find a way but generally using your own relay is the quickest and easiest method.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wykdfantasy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that great explanation Chris. I was wondering why it was possible for the factory but not for after market with ease. That description sums it up clearly. Ok then I will hook it up with the relay as instructed above.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic