icon

audiovox or rosen dvd system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
I went to my local shop,and they only sell the pre-done audiovox headrest dvd system.I did a little research online and came upon the Rosen AV7000 headrest system.Which is the better of the two?
"ole blake"
hungryandfat 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Both are alright, but I would upgrade the fm mod that comes with them.... thats where most of your problems are with signal noise. If I had to choose between the two I would choose audiovox.
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Audiovox are junk, Rosen is better
hungryandfat 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
You say audiovox is junk but you do not state why. What makes rosen better? To be completely honest there are alot better choices than those two to begin with. Just curious though as to why you dislike audiovox. I think that have a better built in dvd system than rosen, but I also believe rosen has a better viewing quality. Thats just from my experience with them. But I have only used Rosen for overheads and not pre built head rest.
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

hungryandfat wrote:
You say audiovox is junk but you do not state why. What makes rosen better? To be completely honest there are alot better choices than those two to begin with. Just curious though as to why you dislike audiovox. I think that have a better built in dvd system than rosen, but I also believe rosen has a better viewing quality. Thats just from my experience with them. But I have only used Rosen for overheads and not pre built head rest.

The cases on the audiovox constantly split open,the dvd would often not play and need to be replaced.  When you try and get warranty parts from Audiovox you are put on the back burner.  You are right that Rosen has better picture quality.  Rosen will get you warranty parts quickly which causes alot less heat from your customers.  We installed alot of Audiovox headrest systems before we started using Rosen, they were almost like throwing a wet hand grenade, you never knew if they would work right out of the box.  Don't get me wrong, Rosen has some problems, far less than audiovox but they take care of problems after the fact alot better than Audiovox.  Rosen just this year went to a Tilt style mechanism for better viewing angle and DVD loading which has eliminated any problems with the latches(we had 2 bad Rosen latches out of about 200 systems installed).  Audiovox supposedly went to the style switch for this year that Rosen used last year which may rectify their case splitting problem but still shows they try and copy superior competetions engineering even though they are a year behind. 

When you call your Audiovox rep needing a warranty part and he sighs deeply and says "Let me see what I can do but can't promise you when it will come in" and your customer/dealer is sitting right there wanting to know when the part will be in it kind of causes you to lose faith in them.  If they had a better product I may not mind that but when their failure rate approaches 40% it tends to give you the ole red behind!

The nice thing about Audiovox though is they have alot more applications than Rosen, including older headrests and cloth.  Now I know Rosen can make them but Audiovox having them on hand is pretty nice to fall back on.

This is my experience with Audiovox and Rosen, unless it is an extreme situation where we are pushed back in a corner, you will find no vehicles rolling out of our shop with Audiovox Headrests!

And also you are very correct about needing to upgrade the modulator.  The only other thing I found with the Rosens are the headrest posts would get alot of build up in them.  They then went to a slimmer cable design but before that we would take a pistol cleaning brush to clean out the posts so the monitor cables could be slid down them without damaging the cable,,,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic