icon

2004.5 dodge ram 2500 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
upjeeper 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
In 2004.5 Dodge made some changes to their 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel trucks, I have that truck and just had an alarm system / remote start put in, but now i'm getting a check engine light. I'm concerned they used the wrong wiring colors
thank you
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

Before you go any further.....take it back to where you purchased the unit and had it installed.

Don't try and troubleshoot and do a fix yourself! Retail locations DON'T like that!

Give them a chance to repair the problems.

upjeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
I agree the installer who did the initial work should fix it, but they told me to leave it alone and the ECU would self correct. I've since moved and wasn't able to get it corrected. I've found another installer who will look at it, but before i take it to them, i'd like to just check the wire colors.
so, would it be possible to get the wiring colors for a 2004.5 dodge ram 2500 diesel / auto / 4x4 please? i promise i won't jack anything up
thank you
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

Heres an 05

PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES TRANSPONDER   SEE NOTES 
 12 VOLTS Red (2 wires) Ignition harness   + 
 IGNITION Pink/white Ignition harness   + 
 IGNITION 2 Pink/green Ignition harness   + 
 ACCESSORY Blue (large gauge) Ignition harness   + 
 ACCESSORY 2 Pink / YELLOW Ignition harness   + 
 There are 2 wires of this color and one of them turns off the ABS light on remote start. You will need to test both.
 STARTER Yellow Ignition harness   + 
 KEY SENSE Violet/tan Ignition harness   - 
 TACH SIGNAL SEE NOTES     
 On the 5.2L and 5.9L engines, the Tach wire can be found at the coil on the engine near the distributor. Program you cylinder setting according to the number of cylinders. On the 8.0L V10 engine there are 2 coils packs on the right side of the engine. Use the BLACK/ GRAY at the 6-pack for a 2 cylinder reference.
 DIESEL TACH SIGNAL Dk.blue/gray On C1 plug at ECM   AC 
 The ECM is located on the lower driver's side of the engine. The C1 connector is the plug closest to the radiator.
 FUEL INJECTOR Opposite from Dk.GREEN/ orange At any injector on engine   AC 
 LOCK Violet/blue At harness to rear in driver's kickpanel   - 
 One wire system. Use a ground pulse through a 470-ohm resistor to disarm factory security (a second pulse will unlock the doors. A ground pulse through a 2-kohm resistor will arm security and lock the doors. See the door lock diagram for details.
 UNLOCK Violet/blue At harness to rear in driver's kickpanel   - 
 One wire system. Use a ground pulse through a 470-ohm resistor to disarm factory security (a second pulse will unlock the doors. A ground pulse through a 2-kohm resistor will arm security and lock the doors. See the door lock diagram for details.
 GLO-PLUG SIGNAL DATA ONLY USE DELAY TIMER    
 DOORPIN SEE NOTES     
 Violet (driver's door) & Violet/white (rear left door) both found in a harness on the left side of the brake pedal. Violet/white (pass. Door) & Violet / YELLOW (rear right door) both found in passenger kick panel.
 FACTORY ARM Arms with lock wire     
 FACTORY DISARM Disarms with unlock     
 BRAKESWITCH WHITE/ tan At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS WHITE/ lt.green At light switch harness   - 
 Ground this wire through a 330-Ohm resistor to activate parking lights. The wire should be openned with a relay to prevent feedback to the switch. See the diagram.
 HORN Dk.GREEN/ violet At steering column   - 
 VSS WIRE Dk.GREEN/ YELLOW At PCM pin C1-13    
 On diesel, VSS is WHITE/ orange pin #11 in 50-pin connector at PCM located at bottom driver side of engine.
 DATABUS INTERFACE Pin-2(top row from left) Diagnostic plug below dash   DATA 

upjeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic