icon

Remote Start on a 2000 Ford Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dant98 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

OK!  I have everything now.  The Transponder bypass arrived today and if I have a clear weekend, I could try to install this as early as Saturday (though maybe not based on the weather).  Follow the link below and I have links to documentation for my different parts.  Keep in mind the AutoMate security is already installed (though I'm going to have to find the wires for it since I didn't install it).  The R/S module and the DEI 555U are sitting in thier boxes on my floor and ready for install.

[url]http://www.thomas-family.info/docs/RS-links.htm[/url]

Given all this information, it *should* just be a matter of sodering some wires together, right?

-Dan

dant98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

I started trying to figure out where to connect which wires by createing a large spreadsheet, but when I looked in the manual for my AutoMate alarm, the shock sensor is on board the alarm and doesn't look to have a seperate line to disable it.  I supposed I could tap into the alarm disarm line.  I loose a bit of security this way I suppose though or is there a chance that the shock sensor isn't sensitive enough to go off from a remote start?

-Dan

dant98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.thomas-family.info/docs/Taurus2Kwire.htm

The above URL is a wiring chart I'm working on.  I'm confused with some of the connections.  I think I might have to wire the shock sensor bypass from the remote start to the alarm disarm wire because it doesn't look like I can get to the shock sensor directly since it is on board.

I did however find this one setting for the alarm system that may give a clue into a way around this without completely disabling the alarm.  I know that the shock sensor is part of zone 2, so perhaps we can disable zone 2 and 4 somehow?

6 SENSOR SHUNT ZONES 2 AND 4/ALL ZONES:In the default setting, all sensors with the exception of the

door zone will be bypassed when a trigger is grounded three seconds after a (+) pulse on the WHITE/ blue (trunk is

opened). If programmed to the all zones setting, all zones including the doors will be bypassed when the trunk is

opened with the factory transmitter.

-Dan

dant98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

I guess my question based on my last post is...  Cna i somehow tie the R/S module's Shock Sensor Bypass circuit into the Sensor Shunt zones 2 and 4 setup, or would that not work because of the three seconds required to disable these zones?

-Dan

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic