icon

alarm/remote start in 98 grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleen4971 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys, first post over here. im instlaling an alarm/remote start in my 98 grand cherokee, using the 455T module.
my question is - what exactly do i connect to the 455t?
455T
WHITE/ black - CCD BUS -
vioelt/brown - CCD BUS +
Black - (-) chassis ground input
Red - (+) 12V constant
those are obvious and easy. but these im nto so sure about...
455T harness
BLACK/ White - (-) 2 second pulsed output
Green (-) arm/lock input
Blue/White (-) disarm/driver unlock output
Blue - (-) disarm/all door unlock output
Blue/Black - (-) input form remote start
my alarm/remote start has....
Lock Harness
Green - (-) lock output 500mA
Red - +12V relay power output 100mA
Blue - (-) Unlock output 500mA
Main Harness
GREEN / WHITE - Brake input (+)
BLACK/ Grey - Tach input
WHITE/ Red - (-) aux 2 output 500mA
BLACK/ White - (-) Dome Light Output 500mA
Yellow - (+) Ignition Input
Blue / YELLOW (+) Glow Plug input
Blue/White - (-) passenger unlock output 500mA
Blue/Orange - (-) Remote Start Output (groudn when running) 500mA
Black - Ground
Red - +12V Battery input #3
Violet - (+) door trigger input
Green - (-) door trigger input
WHITE/ Black - (-) hood/trunk input
Orange - (-) armed output ( ground while armed) 500mA
Violet/White - (-) Factory alarm disarm output ground on disarm before remote start to disarm factory alarm 500mA
WHITE/ Violet - (-) Factory Alarm rearm arm output ground on remote start shutdown to rearm factory alarm 500mA
Brown - (-) siren output 500mA
Gray - (-) auxiliary 1 output 500mA
White - (+/- built in relay) Parkign light output
BROWN / White - (-) horn output 500mA
Remote Start Harness
Violet - Starter Output
Yellow - Ignition 1 Output
Orange - Accessory Output
Brown - Ignition 2 Output
Red - +12V Battery Input #1
Red - +12V Battery Input #2
White Harness
Green - (-) Emergency Brake
Blue - (-) Start
so.....what do i connect where!? the actual work, or tracing OEM wiring i can do. hell, i even built an entire harness for my uncles triumph TR6, but this stuff is just confusing to me!!!
519civiconair 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  

I believe WHITE/ black(455T) is for defrost....Green(r/s) goes to green(455T) to lock all doors and arm factory security...then depending if you want your drivers door too unlock with the first press of unlock and the rest with the 2nd press or just unlock all doors with 1 press you will connect blue(r/s) to blue/white(455T) and blue to blue/white (r/s) to blue(455T).... and that will unlock drivers first(when programmed in programming mode for drivers priority) ......  dont confuse the blue-blue/white and blue/white-blue...... they look similar but are reversed or if you want all doors to unlock with 1 press you will simply connect  blue-blue(and make sure it is not programmed for drivers priority)and blue/orange(r/s) to blue/black(455T) 

Hope this helps good luck

F.B.S.S air ride is the only way to roll
saleen4971 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
this is what the DEI sheet says....
blue/black (-) remote start input: if installing a remote start product, connect this wire to an output of the remote start which provides a (-) negative output when the remote is active. this will disarm the factory security system when the vehicle is started with the remote start
blue (-) disarm/all door unlock input: connect this wire to the (-) unlock output of the DEI keyless entry or security system. if wiring the system for progressive unlock (DDU), connect this wire to the auxiliary output of the DEI system that is used to unlock ALL doors.
blue/white (-) disarm/drivers unlock input: if the system is being wired to unlock the drivers door only, connect this wire to the output from the DEI keyless or security system.
green (-) arm/lock input: connect this wire to the ()-) lock output from the DEI keyless entry or security system
BLACK/ white (-) 2 second pulsed output: this output is activated whenever the blue/black wire receives input from the remote start system. it is only necessary to ue this wire if a DEI security system is being installed with a remote start. using a relay as shown in the diagram below, this wire will interrupt the DEI security systems door trigger input for two seconds when the vehicle is remote started. when the grand cherokees factory security system is disarmed the dome light is turned on momentarily. this relay prevents triggering of the DEI system.
so, it lok sto me like the green arm/lock input gets connected to the green lock output on the door lock harness of my alarm module
rhw blue/white disarm/drivers unlock input, gets connected to the blue unlock output form the lock harness
the blue disarm/all door unlock should be connected to the blue/white passenger unlock output on the alarm
but the blue/black wire is for the remote start input. does that connect to the blue/orange wire (ground when running) or to the violet/white factory disarm output
blue/orange - ground when running output (-) 500mA. connect to an optional factory security bypass module if required.
violet/white - factory disarm output (-) 500mA. the violet/white wire provides a ground output on disarming and before remote starting to disarm a factory security system. connect to the wire that requires a ground pulse to disarm the factory security system.
thegoat001 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm doing the same install, I'm having trouble finding the supposedly 'yellow' wire which is the door trigger and found in the kick panel.  Is there anyway to actually test this wire?  I can not get any change on it when I open and close the door, it's supposed to be negative and when I put my meter on it with the other lead at const +12V it only changes by .2 V when door is open and does not drop to 0 as I would expect.  Anyone know why this is?  Did you use the one yellow wire found in the kick panel?  I actually cute the wire because I'm assuming that the door side hooks into the relay at 30 but I'm so sure about this either, what does the batter side hook into, if anything?  The 455T diagram does not seem clear at all.  PLEASE HELP I'VE BEEN STUCK FOR HOURS
thegoat001 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

In response to your question, the best I can do is tell you what I decided although I do not know if it is correct you can see if it makes sense for yourself.

so, it lok sto me like the green arm/lock input gets connected to the green lock output on the door lock harness of my alarm module   I agree

rhw blue/white disarm/drivers unlock input, gets connected to the blue unlock output form the lock harness  I agree
the blue disarm/all door unlock should be connected to the blue/white passenger unlock output on the alarm   I agree
but the blue/black wire is for the remote start input. does that connect to the blue/orange wire (ground when running) or to the violet/white factory disarm output    I connected the blue black of the 455T to Blue white of the RS (this was the RS status output) on the same harness as the brake wire

Hope this helps, I'll let you know more when I get there

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic