icon

2008 ford escape auto lights and rs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to install a DEI 562T in a 2008 Escape and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.
1)I plan on connecting the 562T RS activation wire to the (-) pulse wire for the door unlock (so the horn will not blow using lock to RS) and set it to need three (-) pulses to activate the RS using the factory fob. Will the RS also activate if someone were to hit the inside door panel unlock button 3 times? If so, is there a way to prevent this?
2) I am going to use the 562t's (+) output to turn on the park lights using the PURPLE / white wire in the drivers door sill. Do I need to do any special wiring because this Escape has the Auto on fuction for the lights?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
1) To use the WHITE/ blue activation input you would need to use a relay to the positive lock leg of an actuator and reverse the polarity to negative. And, yes the vehicle would start any time you pressed lock on the doors too. Why not hook up the antenna and use the remotes that came with the 562T? It gives much better operating range than the factory remotes.
2) If you use the positive parking light trigger I do not think you need to do anything with the auto lights. When you use the negative at the switch you need to isolate it from the switch.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I plan on hooking up the antenna and programming the remotes for the 562T. They want the option to RS using the factory remotes. I heard the 2008 has factory antigrind, do you know if this is true? Again, thanks for your help!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it does.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Use the (POS)+ parking lights..... PURPLE / white in 13 pin grey connector @ fusebox under center console, pas side. (NEG)- sucks to wire, just an absolute hassle.

The auto light wire is PURPLE / green @ the switch. If you open this wire with a relay triggered by ground while running, you will have no issues with the lights.

bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

The auto light wire is PURPLE / green @ the switch. If you open this wire with a relay triggered by ground while running, you will have no issues with the lights.

What kind of problems do the auto lights cause when using a RS?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
bbtaco wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:

The lights might NOT shut off after run time.

bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
bbtaco wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:

The lights might NOT shut off after run time.

ok, I hooked up a relay to open the purple green wire when the RS is activated. The auto headlights come on when the RS is operating even if it is daylight. They go off when depressing the brake pedal after turning the key in the ignition unless it is dark and they stay on. This seems correct. I used a DEI mini relay #8616 10 amps NC and 20 Amps NO. The wires at the switch are small gauge, should I install a larger 30 amp relay or will this one be ok?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic