icon

disable factory disarm on a 2000 trooper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grunge311 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to be doing my 3rd remote start this weekend and have everything figured out but one thing.
I will be putting a prestige aps-997 a 2000 trooper and don't know how to disable the factory alarm.
I know the factory disarm wire is Yellow/Blue in the drivers kickpanel, but once I locate it I don't know what to do. How to wire that into the APS.
I read on another forum I that on the older models you can just splice a ground into the factory wire to disable it. Does this still hold true or do I need to wire it to the APS-997?
Thanks in advance
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
FACTORY ARM Lt.GREEN/ red On white plug in driver's kickpanel   - 
 FACTORY DISARM ORANGE / black On white plug in driver's kickpanel   - 

LOCK Lt.GREEN/ silver dots On 20-pin plug in driver's kickpanel   - 
 UNLOCK Lt.GREEN/ blue On 20-pin plug in driver's kickpanel   - 

If you trigger arm and lock at the same time to lock, them unlock and disarm to unlock you should have no problem. Diode isolate the connections for each.

One thing to consider. Since it has an arm wire, you might not need to worry about disarming. Test it. when your almost done and can lock the doors with the remote, put the

window down, lock it and wait a bit (5 10 min.) the reacxh thru and open the door from the inside. If you can do this, no worries about disarming, or disabling the alarm.

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Cant you just simply disarm the factory alarm with the factory remote and just never use that remote again? Thats what I did with my car (02 cavalier). Im not saying it will work but its worth as try. Atleast this way you dont have to worry about cutting wrong wires or messing something up.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

audioman2007 wrote:
Cant you just simply disarm the factory alarm with the factory remote and just never use that remote again? Thats what I did with my car (02 cavalier). Im not saying it will work but its worth as try. Atleast this way you dont have to worry about cutting wrong wires or messing something up.

That was my first thought as well......

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

I know some cars have it where you can only disarm the car using the remote, reguardless if you splice into the disarm wire. The trooper is exactly that way also. I have a website that gives all that info for each and every vehicle. If you want it, let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic