icon

2002 f1 50 disarm wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mjs281 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 F-150 with factory keyless entry.  I'm trying to install an add-on remote start (Crimestopper RS1300 DPII).  I want to find all wires prior to doing the installation.  I believe I have found them all, EXCEPT for the OEM disarm wire (dark GREEN/ purple.)  I spent several hours looking in the kick panel, under the dash, in the door and either it's not there, or I just haven't looked in the right spot yet.  Since I have keyless entry, I'm assuming I have the OEM disarm wire, right?  Please let me know if I have this wire, and if so where is it?  If anyone can send me a picture it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think that car has a factory alarm at all. It's just a keyless entry no need to connect that wire. Test to see if you have Factory alarm, lock the car from the remote, with window roll down , wat a minute reach in and open door bu pulling handle, if you hear no horn means no alarm.2002 f1 50 disarm wire? -- posted image.
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
As Bnluis has stated it is very possible that you have factory keyless without a factory alarm. You also need to check to see if you have to interface with the GEM to 'wake' it up. As suggested already, test for your alarm...but before you continue I would suggest testing to see if you need to wakeup the GEM. With the door open and the window rolled down, press lock on the door panel and close the door. Wait 30 seconds then reach in the door and press unlock on the switch if the door unlocks you do not need to interface it, if it does nothing you need to interface it.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mjs281 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies.  I did a test to see if I have a factory alarm like Bnluis suggested and there is no horn blaring after locking the doors, waiting 1 minute, then opening the door through the window so I do NOT have a factory alarm, strictly keyless entry.  Thanks Bnluis.

Now that I'm past that, I proceeded to hook up all the wires today.  Unfortunatley, I do not have success yet.  The remote start is supposed to start after 3 consecutive (-) pulses.  I hit Lock 3 times on the key fob and nothing happens with the remote start.  If I sit in the truck and hit lock on the driver's door 3 times, it cranks, but doesn't start.  Any ideas on either of these symptoms? 

Bnluis 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Did u use a bypass for the starter , Ibelieve you car is equipped withe a PATS key you will nee 2 keys to program a bypass. Where did you connect your wire of the starter for 3 consecutive pulses. I assume you connect it to the lock wire which gives you (-)  trigger. That wire only works with the lock switch inside the car , see if your remote starter gives you the option to connect it to a lock motor wire which gives you a (+) 12volt, if not you will need a relay. The lock motor wire on that car I think is Pink/Black

there are many types of bypasses  PKF1, 555F just a few

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKF1

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=555FW

Luis
Sound Waves
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so you have two separate problems.
1. Doesn't attempt to start with factory remote, but attempts to start when pressing lock button on door:
You're on the wrong wire. The pink / YELLOW doesn't do anything when you operate the factory remote.
You need to find the "lock motor" wire, which rests at ground, and is positive when you lock the doors.
If the remote starter was poorly designed and doesn't accept a positive trigger input, you can use a relay to convert the car's positive lock motor signal, to a negative signal for the remote starter.....the "relays" section of this site shows how.
2. Attempts to remote start, but won't:
What are you using for a transponder bypass?
When attempting to remote start, is the red THEFT light in the dash on steady, or flashing rapidly?
Will it successfully remote start if you unplug your bypass, and just leave a key in the ignition, in the off position?
mjs281 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

I tested for the GEM as Twelvoltz suggested and the door unlocks so I don't think I need to "wake up the GEM."

1.  It sounds like I need a relay for my factory remote to activate the remote starter as the Crimestopper unit requires three (-) pulses.  Apparently I assumed incorectly that since I have a negative trigger doorlock wiring that it's output is negative.  I'll pick up a relay tomorrow and put it in to convert the (+) from the lock wire to a (-). 

2. The bypass I'm using is Omega IB-F1.  If I put the key in the ignition, press lock on the door 3 times, it does start (and the theft light is solid with the key in the ignition.)  Without the key in the ignition, the "Theft" light on the dash is flashing while attempting to start.  I don't understand why the bypass is not working.  I hooked up the brown (negative ground when running) on the bypass to the yellow/black (neg. ignition output) on the remote start, Violet on the bypass has no connection (n/c), and the other 4 wires per the instructions of Type A bypass (ground, ignition, ECM-RX, and ECM-TX.)  I also programmed the bypass by turning the key to the "ON" position after wiring it.  Any ideas on why my bypass is not working? 

Bnluis 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Try connecting the brown wire to the Status output of the remote starter it will come on before ignition, see if it helps, then double check the rx and tx wires
Luis
Sound Waves
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Crimestopper wire colors, or the particular bypass you have.
But, every Ford bypass I've ever seen has required two good Ford keys to program..........are you sure yours doesn't have instructions that require you to perform a sequence with two existing keys?
But, at least you have it narrowed down to two small problems.
The remote start installation is good. You already know how to correct the activation issue. The only thing left really, is the bypass.......you're doing well so far!
Bnluis 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Crimestopper wire colors, or the particular bypass you have.
But, every Ford bypass I've ever seen has required two good Ford keys to program..........are you sure yours doesn't have instructions that require you to perform a sequence with two existing keys?
But, at least you have it narrowed down to two small problems.
The remote start installation is good. You already know how to correct the activation issue. The only thing left really, is the bypass.......you're doing well so far!

Chris the bypass he is using is made by Omega the module bypass is the same as a bypasskits PKF1 simple to install and it only requires 1 key for programming.

Luis
Sound Waves
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic