icon

hornet 564t issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirtrider031 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote start/alarm on my 97 ranger. I got everything hooked up but can't get the remote start to work. I read a bit and don't really understand if this is because i must program the remote or other issues. The alarm works like it should but not the RS. After a few attempts the "remote safety shutdown" icon flashes. I thought it might be my hood pin but thats not the problem. Any ideas?
Thanks
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
did you program the tach ? Use any tan/stripe or yellow/stripe wire at the ignition coil after that start the car press n hold the valet switch if LED stays solid for a couple of seconds thats the right tach
dmielken 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I believe those units have their remotes programmed to the brain prior to installation from the factory. So your problem may lie elsewhere. First off, what did you connect the neutral safety wire to? It should be a BLACK/ white coming from the 6 pin harness off of the unit, found in that tach and brake harness. This wire needs to be grounded in order for the remote start to engage or wired to the On/Off toggle switch, whichever your preference would be. This is most commonly the issue with these systems. Let us know what you did with the Neutral Safety wire and we can go from there.
dirtrider031 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked it up to a switch i bought and it works perfectly! Now my other issue is the door locks. My alarm arms and disarms but i can't get the doors to lock/unlock. I'm using the blue and green wires on the alarm and the pink / YELLOW and pink/green. The only thing i got it to do was lock when i hit unlock. So i figures switch the wires around but it does nothing. Does this have something to do with my factory alarm or progresive locks (unlocks drivers side then pass?) Help?!
dmielken 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so it's not the switch I assume then. Your last post may suggest a malfunction of the unit. Start by verifying that you are on the right wire. The correct wire should test as (-) trigger when you activate the switch. If they do, then verify the output on the unit is sending a negative signal out.
As far as the remote start goes, does the ignition come on and does it attempt to crank? How many times do the parking lights flash? Does the ignition come on and no crank?
dirtrider031 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
The remote starts works flawlessly now, just the one switch i needed to ground. I did some reading on the locks, do i need to hook the blue and green wires from the alarm into the relay for the locks to work? I tested the one wire and i got 12 volts on unlock but the other gave me a constant .89v which i was a little confused with?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
As dmielken has posted, the correct wires will show ground when activating the switch on the door. Hook up your DMM with the red lead to constant +12V and probe the wire in question with the black lead. The meter should read +12V when pressing the lock switch, if it does not you have the wrong wire(s).
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
dirtrider031 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
I got the one wire to do what you described but not the other? Which wire goes where from the alarm (blue and green). In the manual it says ( + to -) and (- to +)
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
The green wire is for (-) lock and the blue for (-) unlock.
dirtrider031 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
And both of these can be hooked up on the drivers side kick panel cause i have it set up exactly like that and it doesn't work
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic