icon

97 contour 2 wire pats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  

Those are definitely  transponder keys so you're on the right path.  I don't have a tech sheet on the 1100F, but are you positive it says that it'll work on '98 Contours? I've looked on Bypasskit.com and they have their data interfaces listed for '99-'00, but all they have listed for '98 are RF interfaces(key-in-box type as well as the 555F).

Where do the 2 wires from the transponder ring go to? I'm thinking there may be a decoder module somewhere nearby that would possibly have TX and RX wires for a bypass, but no promises.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Actually i can't find any bypasses saying it's for a 97 contour. Just 98+. I chose the 1100f cause it only required one key for programming, which is all that's available.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

What I was asking, though, is if you have confirmed that the 1100F lists the '98 Contour as a vehicle that it will work on.  BypassKit does not list any data bypasses like the 1100F for the '98s, just '99 and up - that was making me think that there might have been an issue with that model year(and obviously the '97s as well) where it wouldn't learn a data bypass.

Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
It's not listed. in the 1100f. I can't find it listed for any bypasses.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Check out IDataLink's ADS-TBSL FM.

Manual lists the '98 Contour as a compatible vehicle - also you should only need 1 key to program.

EDIT: now that I reread the earlier posts I realized you still hadn't found the actual TX/RX wires - I got this confused with another post where someone had a key-in-box bypass and wanted to run the antenna wires into the TX and RX on a Ford.

Have you followed the 2 wires from the antenna ring to see if they went to a decoder module or something right nearby?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic