icon

2002 ford explorer remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
not8taxi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
i have the code alarm ca 630 installed in my 2002 ford explorer. as of recent, when i remote start it the car sometimes starts and most of the time it doesn't. i did notice recently that when i remote start it and it doesn't start up, the red light on the dash board starts blinking rapidly. i know when that light blinks rapidly , it means that car isn't reading the pats key to start the motor. i tried an experiment where i put my key in the ignition and turned it to the on position and pushed the remote start button on the key pad and the car started right up. as of now im stuck without it...
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
You just need to reprogram the bypass module who did the install they should still warranty there install. If not find someone who in your area who does this kind of work they should be able to fix it for you
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
not necessarily reprogram the bypass. if it's a key in the box type of bypass, the ring may just need to be adjusted or if it's only doing it when it's cold outside then the key needs to be adjusted in the box
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
If the unit does need to be reprogrammed, most modules program in the same manner. You'll need 2 ignition keys that are programmed to your vehicle. Insert the first key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. When the red LED or theft light turns off, remove the key and insert the second key and again turn the ignition ON. The time between keys can't exceed like 5-10 seconds, so do it quickly.... When the LED or the theft light turns off with the second key, remove it and activate the remote start. This should conclude the programming. If the LED or theft light flashes when you try to remote start the vehicle, the bypass is not functioning properly for some reason or another. If you had to "lose a key" when you got the system installed, then they used a universal style bypass and the Transponder ring probably needs to be adjusted. If the universal module was used and the problem only exists when the temp is really cold, you may want to use a different style of bypass as the Ford keys sometimes have issues with transponding when they're subjected to extreme cold.... Hope this helps... 
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
not8taxi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help im going to try to do that asap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic