icon

dei 545t auto headlights 07 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bcw757 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, thanks in advance for any help. I recently purchased the auto headlight unit by DEI (545t). Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction as to how to wire this thing up on my truck?
07 Dodge Ram
bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
Well I'm going to bump this up and tell you what I got. I searched around and found out that you need 660 Ohms of resistance to trigger the headlights. I hooked the resisters up to the correct wire at the switch through a relay. When it's dark, the 545t will engage and my entire headlight system, fog lights, head lights, instruments, and parking lights all turn on. However if I start the truck during daylight, the lights stay off for about 20 seconds and then everything buy the Fog lights will turn on. If you cover the photocell on the 545t you can hear the relays click and then the fog lights will come on. Have I added some resistance to the circuit by adding a length of wire to the relays??? It doesn't make sense to me. Any help??
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
How did you wire up your relays? did you break the headlight wire at the switch?
bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
2 Relays:
Cut the Green / White wire at the headlight switch. Hooked up the switch side to 30 of 1 relay and the truck side to 87a. 2nd relay a ground wire with 660 Ohms resister hooked up to 30 and then 87 Hooked up to the Truck side of the Green / White wire at the Switch.
So basically, until the relay energize, it should be just running straight through the first relay and everything should work like factory right?? But that's not the case, I can start the truck, wait about 20 seconds and then the lights come on. It's aggravating me to no end...
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Take one relay hook up 30 to truck side, 87a to switch and 87 to ground through a 660 ohm resistor. What are you using on 85 and 86?
bcw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
85 and 86 are energized by the DEI 545t unit. I'll try that tomorrow when I get some daylight...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic