icon

03 accord ex v6 trunk release

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marinekilz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I can't find the wire for the trunk release on a 03 accord ex v6.  I connected everything else and it works fine, just can't find the wire.  Anyone can tell me were to look.  On the truck release it is a YELLOW /GREEN wire with one silver dot.  I look on the harnass going to the rear of the vehicle and I see two YELLOW /GREEN wire with two silver dots.  The wires are different gauges sizes.  Anyone please, I am just getting fustrated.  I also just got done ohming every wire that was YELLOW /GREEN I could find in the driver's kick panal/fuse area.  Know seemed to be the one for the trunk release.  Help Please
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Trunk release is postive and is YELLOW /GREEN with 2 silver dots. It's the harness in front of the fuse box with the kick panel removed.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
why you testing the resistance on the line? you should be testing for DC voltage 12 - 13 volts. to test put balck probe to ground, and Red to the wire you are testing. push the factory trunk release and see if the meter reads 12volts. if so, you have tagged the correct wire.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you connect your meter to the different YELLOW /GREEN wires and check for 12v when holding in the trunk release button on your factory remote? Which rs are you installng? You will have to use a relay connected to your rs - trunk output to convert it to 12v.
Tedmond, looks like you posted 2 minutes before me. :)
marinekilz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I was checking for resistance, if there is no continuity between the wire going to the motor in the trunk and the wires I was testing then it isn't the same wire. I will try the voltage test since everyone seems to like that one better. Yes I know I need a relay and it is already set up all I needed was the wire for the trunk. I am installing a galaxy 2000 rs 2w since you asked which one.
Another problem is there is two wires that are YELLOW /GREEN. One is 16 or 18 gauge and the other is 14 or 16 gauge. I will dive into it after work today and try to find it again. Thanks for all your replies keep them coming if anyone thinks of anything else.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic