icon

alarm out to stereo on, open gas door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

wow, lookie here. I found the installation manual right on this site.  How's that for convenience! Gotta love the12volt.com!!

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=618

Page 43, You want to change the validity option

Good Luck,

Frank

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
ibasspro wrote:

good info every1, but he will have a problem only using a relay, he needs a relay & a diode, otherwise he will be powering the acc. system in the car.

hook up the relay as stated, between were you tapped the swithced wire for the deck & the vehicle, put in a 3 amp diode, with the cathode (side with the little line on it) facing the deck.

this way you will power the deck & nothing else. YAY!

You got to be careful doing this, as you need to make sure your diode can carry enough current to power the deck and its internal amp.  Depending on the radio, this could be >10A.  By undersizing your diode you can create a fire hazard that won't be protected by fuses. 

This is one of these 'installer discretion' areas.  Depending on the car the accessory circuit may or may not have a bunch of other stuff on it.  If in doubt a relay, not a diode, should be used to achieve the isolation, either in a 5 wire mode or by controlling the deck directly.  If you control the deck directly you can then safely diode isolate the (+) side of the coil and know your load will be less then 500mA.

Kevin Pierson
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
You could just use a relay to trigger the radio
85 to -aux
86 and 87 to fused 12 volt
87a to car side of radio acc
30 to radio side of acc
You should have no problems by doing this and no chance of feedback
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
that is true, just prevent backfeed on the relay, place a diode across relay coils 85 and 86, the cathode band on diode (white stripe) alwas goes tot he postive side.
KPierson 
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm should have a supression diode on the output of the AUX channel, so the diode here should't be needed.  It won't hurt, but isn't needed.

Kevin Pierson
dj_lawz 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:

wow, lookie here. I found the installation manual right on this site.  How's that for convenience! Gotta love the12volt.com!!

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=618

Page 43, You want to change the validity option

Good Luck,

Frank

thanks bro! i finally figure it outalarm out to stereo on, open gas door - Page 2 -- posted image.

dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:

ibasspro thats a good point about him powering the accessories if he doesn't isolate the accessory wire. I would probably just "Five-wire" the relay. Its easy to do and you don't need anything extra, just the relay. wire like this:

First off cut the accessory wire yo the radio in half.  You'll be left with 2 sides - the car side and the radio side.

86 - Constant +12V Fused

85 - (-) Aux.Channel - set to latched

87 - Accessory wire - car side

87a - Constant +12v Fused

30 - Accessory wire - Radio Side

As for setting your 5900 to a latched output, I'm sorry but I've only installed a few of them.  I do Know that is in the installation manual, because I've changed that myself on a few installs. Just take a look :o)

Frank

hey do i reall have to wire it this way? the way i have it is like this

86 n 87 12v

30 accesory wire

85 output from alarm

and this works great... or do i have to rewire it like you are showing me there?

KPierson 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
You don't have to wire it that way.  The advantage to wiring it the way that was posted above is that you will only be powering the radio.  If you try to power the entire accessory circuit it is possible you could be powering heater blowers or other large loads that could drain the battery faster.  It all depends on the vehicle you have and how you plan on using this.
Kevin Pierson
dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
You don't have to wire it that way.  The advantage to wiring it the way that was posted above is that you will only be powering the radio.  If you try to power the entire accessory circuit it is possible you could be powering heater blowers or other large loads that could drain the battery faster.  It all depends on the vehicle you have and how you plan on using this.

oh, ok i got you, well i think the accesoy its only for the stereo and power windows and that's about it..... but i will rewire it so i only power the stereo thanks for the help bro!!

dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
oh one last question can you tell me how to wire the horn(-) output from alarm to the horn wire(-) using a relay someone on here told me before but it didn't work.... thanks in advance.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic