icon

opinion on shallow or slim subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmercado 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have a '03 Ford F-150 and as many will know it has to have a shallow or slim (depending on the manufacturer) series subs. Has any one done some research on this topic? basically I whant input on what subs give me the hardest boom for my buck (if you guys know what i mean). Any kind of input is would be apreciated even if it is concerning size. 
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

IIRC JL Audio has some very nice slim-line subs out that are supposed to be nice. Gonna have to pay  though...

-Matt

lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
We've used the Kenwood 12", sound good but like lots of power.  The Kaptions sound like one size smaller (12 like 10)
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
I just looked at an Alpine type S and it might be one you want to look further into.  The 12 is a 5" mounting depth.   www.alpine-usa.com
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
The new Stereo Integrity SI Mag has a mounting depth of 5.5" and the BM has a mounting depth of 3.5". Both are soon to come out and both utilize XBL^2 motor technology.
blueextc 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Power Acoustik makes a 4" mounting depth sub ( of which I haev 2 New in the Box), and if you can still find them out there, Audiobahn made a Pro Compression Driver with a 4" m/d. (i have a used one BTW if you're interested) lol

Kicker, JL, Kole, .... there are more, but prices step up dramatically for the altered baskets/structures.

Also, look into MTX Thunderform enclosures which slide under the rear seat or some f-150s mount on the back wall.

you can get them powered or un-powered with a 200W Class D amplifier inside the enclosure.

Available in 10" or 12" (some body styles)

MTXs website has a vehicle program to see if they make one for your f-150.

jmercado 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thatnks guys for your comments. But i found that Rockford Fosgate has some DVC shallow with a 3.5" depth mounts and JL Audio is coming out with ne shallows to, so I might wait till those JL's come out. But thnks!
jmalbright 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
You might look into the Diamond Audio Hex shallow subs as well:
http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/168/186/

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic