icon

xk01 causing gmrc01 to chime excessively

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdre 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
A local installer put in a Viper 350HV in my 04 Avalanche this past week. Previously installed is a Kenwood headunit with a GMRC01. Other than described below, the GMRC01 functions as it should, chiming when seatbelts are not on, doors are open, lights on, ect.
The installer put in an XK01 to activate the door locks when the alarm is armed/unarmed, but that is where the problems start. After installation, every time the alarm is armed, the GMRC01 chimes excessively and won't stop until the key is turned in the ignition. Disarming the alarm or unlocking the doors with either the factory remote or key do not stop the chiming. Additionally, the door locks pulse once to lock when the alarm is armed (chiming begins immediately) then about 3 seconds later, they pulse to lock again.
In order to isolate the problem, I had the installer remove the XK01 and cycle the alarm. No problems with the chimes. Obviously the doors didn't lock, but we know the Viper's light functions and such are not causing the chiming. While the alarm was armed, we locked and unlocked the doors with the factory remotes and keys. No problems there either. The factory remotes cycled the locks only once as they were supposed to, and there was no chiming.
Clearly, the Body Control Module is getting some kind of signal to lock the doors from the XK01, but I'm thinking the BCM is interpreting the signal as a problem, resulting in the chimes going off.
I had another installer in the same shop go over the wiring, and he couldn't figure out any problems, so I have no idea where the issues could lie. I just want my alarm working the way it should.
Any suggestions?
brent88 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
did they hook up a factory alarm disarm?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
xk01 isn't designed to work with non oem data pieces, mind you not many are. I've installed decks in trucks and lost tach output on idata modules.
did he try installing the stock deck, programming the xk01 and then reinstalling the gmrc01?
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
any solution on this issue Have an 05 Hummer doing the same thing only does it when you lock/arm the alarm FYI GMOS-01 Amp intergration and xk01 for alarm
illegalspeeds 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

I have a solution, I have a 2004 Avalanche w/ Alpine DVD player.  I used a GM-OS04 from Peripheral for the head unit, which is similar to the GM-RC01, only with Onstar functions as well.  Instead of the xk01, I used the 1700g, which now works like champ - no excess chimes.

Matt

djunique3 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
did sum installs on late chev vechiles (05-08), and had the same issue....also was using the XK01.  Talk to my distributor, and said..."u have to download the NEWEST Firmware to the XK01"...they had problems with the unit in the past, "with the chiming issue" and released a program, to solve the problem. U can got to flashlogicvip.com, and it states the problem there, and how they fixed it...the 1701g, already has this "new update", so the issue is not a problem there, if u use the 1701g.
born to install
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
thxnk you all for the reply I end up with a 1700G and a happy costumer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic