Yes.  Tuned to the specifications.

Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

mcben789 wrote:
I may sound stupid but I honestly don't know what a subsonic filter is. And the amp had no troubles as far as clipping as I knew. As far as the tuning goes I honestly don't know. My friend did the box to spec on the RE website.

This is why I ask.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well that makes me feel really stupid, but is it not the knob with the different frequencies?
Sasquatch...
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

What is the model # of the HiFonics amp being used (so I can see if it has a subsonic filter)? What is the box tuned to (if you don't know, please provide the link to RE's site that states this)?

But, yes, it's a knob with different frequencies... It'll either be called a subsonic OR an infrasonic filter. It needs to be set to right below the tuning frequency of the enclosure.

Are you using the low-pass filter on the amp, or do you have a separate active filter BEFORE the amp that cuts the midrange and treble frequencies? The reason I ask is if the amp doesn't have a subsonic filter, you can actually use the amps' high-pass filter as a subsonic filter (as long as the amp is recieving a low-pass signal already AND the high-pass filter on the amp goes down to below the tuning frequency of the enclosure -which is iffy).

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hifonics Amp
Box calculator (the link to the site doesn't have the Fi BTL's specs put in it).
I'm not really positive what we had the knobs on the amp tuned to, and we had the remote bass level knob hooked up too. Also we had no crossover/filter besides the one on the amp.
Mainly I just want to know what we did wrong and how I can get it right the next time. I don't want to mess up another expensive speaker like that.
Sasquatch...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic