icon

which optima battery to get yellow or red

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I really hate when that damm Math/Numbers thing gets in the way. Physics are telling you you have a serious problem.
It doesn't matter what battery you choose, something isn't right if you are sucking up an alternator a year and multiple battery failures.
It doesn't sound like you are generating enough juice to recharge the batteries and your you are sitting with the system on for a while then using the Alt. to charge an almost dead battery.
If you are sitting with the vehicle off for a while consider multipe batteries + HO Alternator. If you are listen while you are driving and the problem re-occurs you need a HO alternator.
You don't need a 25 Farad cap or any for that matter. You would be wise to seek a professional
to solve your power problem.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

Okay elmore - you've GOT to space out your sentences and pay attention to comma and period placement and at least SOME attention to spelling.  I seriously can't make heads or tails of that last post.

That said - how many amplifiers are you using and what amplifiers are they?  Link to the product pages.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
elmore4030 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

I hate when I go to a fourm and get a English scolding.  I did not know I had to write proper sentences and be a spelling expert  here for people to read my post.  No,I never listen to my stereo unless my car    is running.  I never did upgrade my hot wire to my alternator and my ground wire from the battery .  I imangine that is why I kept killing my alternators and batteries.  I have 30 feet of 1/0 wire that is comeing in this week,plus I done have my 160amp alternator .  When the weather clears up this week ,I will be upgradeing my alternator and my wires that go to it.   I have a Rockfordfosgate Power T8004 .  The Birthsheet on it says it puts out 168watts per channel at 4 ohms,248watts per channel at 2 ohms and 298watts per channel at 1 ohm at 14.4v. I will be rebuilding my box for my Rockfordfosgate Power T110D2's. I will be running a Rockfordfosgate Type RF-XC7,which is a BD mono amp. It puts out 1000watts at 4 ohms and 1500watts at 2 ohms,the Birthsheet says it puts out 1786watts at 2 ohms at 14.4v

Pioneer DEH-P960MP+Multi-CD Player Rockfordfosgate 225.2
Rockfordfosgate T8004 Rockfordfosgate 2 T110D2 InFinity Reference Components 2 sets of 6000cs 2 sets 6800cs
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
elmore4030 wrote:
I hate when I go to a fourm and get a English scolding.  I did not know I had to write proper sentences and be a spelling expert  here for people to read my post.
...an English scolding... You'd better get used to it, because we all do it here! which optima battery to get yellow or red - Page 2 -- posted image.
You don't. We will read it, but if we can't underSTAND it, you won't get much help. Punctuation and proper spelling is an important method of conveying your ideas effectively, you'll get far fewer questions and run-around if you simply use a spell check, provided free with the Google toolbar... Amazing what we can do with computers, isn't it?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic