icon

anyone messed around with imprint yet?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought an Alpine CDA-9887 w/ the new Imprint tech. I'm excited to see how the tuning it does compares with what someone would do. I've heard good things, but I am still skeptical. All the internal processing sounds awsome, and it will do 3 way active w/ time alignment. I really wanted this to be able to get rid of my PPI DCX-730 digital processor, and to clean up some wiring in my install.

Has anyone had a chance to play with this technology yet?

-Matt

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

I have a buddy that owns a shop here in Olympia. Audio Northwest. I have listened to several cars that have used this .... and different applications as well.

Every vehicle I heard was a tremendous improvment.  You'll love it!

skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

i have heard quite a few cars with the processor in it....i mean granted... the 9887 is a solid head unit on it's own..... like most processors though... it's more about using it properly will determine the end result... if u got a guy tuning the car that can hardly hear... or isn't clear on your expectations for your set-up... then you're not gonna sound good...... cool thing is... if u don't mind messing around with the thing... u should be able to tune your own ride... i still prefer the old school though.. i feel like all this new auto calibration and wifi stuff is too much drama....lmao

there can be only one.......
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:

I have a buddy that owns a shop here in Olympia. Audio Northwest. I have listened to several cars that have used this .... and different applications as well.

Every vehicle I heard was a tremendous improvment.  You'll love it!

This is the comments I wanted to hear; I can't wait to get this thing...

skee-weezy wrote:

i have heard quite a few cars with the processor in it....i mean granted... the 9887 is a solid head unit on it's own..... like most processors though... it's more about using it properly will determine the end result... if u got a guy tuning the car that can hardly hear... or isn't clear on your expectations for your set-up... then you're not gonna sound good...... cool thing is... if u don't mind messing around with the thing... u should be able to tune your own ride... i still prefer the old school though.. i feel like all this new auto calibration and wifi stuff is too much drama....lmao

Since I'll be tuning the car myself, I guess I won't have to worry about someone else messing it up. I am going to try and tune it with the processor myslef first to see how close I can get it. After I do my best, I'll probably rent to Imprint kit from Crutchfield or something and run that and see if it gets any better. I am assuming Imprint will be able to do better than I will, but I'm still gonna try it out for myself first.

-Matt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic