icon

ed 13ov.2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edaddee 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
my experience with elemental designs is outstanding. I just put 2 130v.2 subs in a xb powered by a 9.1, 1 ohm, nearing 3/4 gain, roughly 500 rms per sub and no problems, have done numerous other installs using elemental products, and have recently ordered all ED products for my company demo vehicle. Almost every install job that I sell is started off by introducing them to the ED lineup. They have a 5 year warranty for a reason, can withstand a vast amount of abuse, and are well worth the money. Good choice in product, and yeah the PRS-D1200 would work fine on those subs
dragunbayne 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I'll go with the 13O's, I don't mind saving my pennies. Would the PRS-D1200SPL or 2 PRS-D2000T's be better to power these? I was thinking the D2000's but the D1200SPL is a sub amp.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Either amps will do perfectly fine. 1200 watts is plenty for a pair of 13Ov.2 subwoofers.
If you can afford the 2000 watt amp than go for it...the head room will be nice and chances of clipping will be near none
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
i used the 1200 in my last install on a scion dealership demo vehicle that required terms of a full pioneer audio upgrade , and wasn't thrilled with the output for the cost. If your looking for an amp to match with those subs, I would highly recommend the Elemental Designs 9.1. huge power output based on output per dollar, industry leading warranty, and I have yet to get one to blow up, to hot to touch, etc. The best part, only $350 shipped to you. good luck, and send or post pics of the install after complete
aznboi3644 
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Nine.1 and I love it...pushed my 19Ov.2 easily
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
oh, almost forgot to mention the 9.1 has a fuse rating of 1440 watts rms peak @ 1 ohm @ 12 volts, and 1644 rms peaked @ 13.7 volts. Still plenty of headroom for those 2 subs, and the match is perfect. at least check it out, it will be worth it
dragunbayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much guys, I will be going with an ED amp, but I found another sub. I found one that just really appeals to me. I'm getting a Credence sqare 15", found here http://www.credencespeakers.com/SQ15D2_4.htm in a 1.5 ft^3 sealed box. The range and SPL are amazing for a sealed box, it's the perfect combo IMO! I will get one to start and eventually buy a second. I'm thinking a NINe.1 to power them but I need to look at the ED amps more. This should be a good start to my upgrade, and a big step up from the Orion Cobalt bandpass that I have now (which sounds surprisingly good btw... even though people seemed convinced bandpass is a one note wonder). Again thanks for all of your help!
aznboi3644 
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Those subs look pretty low quality...Q is pretty high. I wouldn't get that sub. Spec way towards sealed enclosures.
If that makes you happy though...IMO it is a BIG step down in sound quality and output.
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
the spl and range are impressive for a 1.5 sealed enclosure, but for the money, and rated rms power that the sub can handle, there are a ton of other subs out there that will give close to the same numbers for the same or even less money. The increased spl , i would assume would be caused by the additional cone surface area provided by the square design. I would highly recommend looking into some other brands subs, before committing to that sub. try the ED line, HAXO, bravox, etc. just a thought. not trying to talk you out of a sub that your really into, just trying to help point you in the right direction
dragunbayne 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, it's cool. That's why I'm on here, so I can pick the brains of those wiser than me. Speaking of HAXO though, I was looking at their LXO 12, I was quite impressed by it. In WINISD I put one in a 1.4ft^3 box tuned to 35Hz and it really looked like it would shine. How do you guys think a couple of those would sound? Obviously loud, but SQ wise... I'd imagine pretty good, but I don't know. What would you guys recommend powering 1 or 2 of those with. BTW if I do those, due to the cost, I would get one to start and another a little ways down the road so if I could power them off one amp I'd want it to be good for one of them to start.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic