icon

alarm to best suit me, moving to bad area

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davesparkave 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
i'll install that in a day for a buck-fifty .you wont see a trace of an alarm except for a blinking light ,bring me the parts.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
There is a non-pro version of that alarm with the same range.  You lose a couple features like temperature sensor, but it should be cheaper.  It's what I just put in my car.
dontstealme 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

Could you give me the model number of that unit please.^ is it the 2W900FMR?

I've talked to another shop he is recommending DEI products, but he said he can get compustar, for Around 600 installed. I'm kind of stuck on which one to get now. Like I said I want range, glass break sensor, auto start on a manual (safely), tilt sensor, motion sensor, proximity sensor would be nice, but not necessary, some type of kill switch, hood, door, and hatch sensors. I've been looking at alot of alarms but they don't say much about the sensors or how much they are and whether  they are included or not. I'm a bit confused. I should be getting this installed next week so any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cristian

dontstealme 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

davesparkave wrote:
i'll install that in a day for a buck-fifty .you wont see a trace of an alarm except for a blinking light ,bring me the parts.

I need someone local so they can warranty it, and deal with me annoying them when something goes wrong, but thanks.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
DEI doesnt offer anything for manual unless you got the astro. Other than that, you will need to pick up a 689m module that makes the unit safe for manual trannys. well i suggest you stay with compustar. Depending on the person and dealer, some like to push one brand more than the other.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
dontstealme wrote:

Could you give me the model number of that unit please.^ is it the 2W900FMR?

I've talked to another shop he is recommending DEI products, but he said he can get compustar, for Around 600 installed. I'm kind of stuck on which one to get now. Like I said I want range, glass break sensor, auto start on a manual (safely), tilt sensor, motion sensor, proximity sensor would be nice, but not necessary, some type of kill switch, hood, door, and hatch sensors. I've been looking at alot of alarms but they don't say much about the sensors or how much they are and whether  they are included or not. I'm a bit confused. I should be getting this installed next week so any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cristian

It's the 2WSSR.  It uses the same spread spectrum technology as the pro model, so it has the same range.  The 900fmr has less range than those units.

It comes with the ability for manual transmission RS built in.  You just have to hook up the proper wires.  I doubt you will find another alarm system with better range.  The downside to this is the remotes are rather bulky.  They use an AA battery.  You can add glass break, prox, and tilt sensors if you want.  It comes with a starter kill/anti grind relay, hood, door, and hatch triggers.  You just need to talk to the shop about cost to hook all those up.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

here are the models that compustar offers that are good in my books.

Year: 2006 Model

2W900FM-AS 

Year 2007-09 Model

P2W900FM-AS
P2WSSR - AS

differance. the 06 model is 900mhz, 3000ft range, has all the jazz needed. 07-08 models are the PRO series that have temp display, voltage, 6000ft range(WSSR ONLY), 433mhz, and A WACK LOAD more of features. hey steven, the P2W900FM and 2W900FM use AAA batteries and the P2WSSR uses AA - its a monster.

dontstealme 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Got the 2wss-as installed so far I hate it. Signal sucks so bad. As I walk up to the car the remote loses signal and I have to wait until it syncs and gets signal again to get in my car. I'm having a few other issues going back to the installer this week, I hope something is wrong and it isn't like this.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic