icon

2000 impala remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ive done a ton of these cars and never ran into a problem heres what i have going on. when i remote start it the car will turn everything on when its time for the starter to hit everything just shuts off then it starts the sequence all over again. while testing for the problem i probed all the ign wires all testing fine. i even added a second acc relay for the brown wire. then i noticed when i remote start it and probe the purple starter wire off the alarm/remote start. the car would remote start. but if i tried it without probing it wouldnt. the probe im using is "the probe" that you just plug into the cigarette lighter. the alarm is a viper 5900 with an autopage bypass. im pretty sure its not the bypass because it will start with the probe in the starter wire without the key in the ignition. now then what i did was remote start the car and quickly put the key in and turned it to the first position which is labeled acc. then it would remote start fine also. the only wire i found to be activated by that position was the brown wire which i have been powering up with a relay. and its being powered as an acc. not an ign. the bypass kit im using is a gmdapk3 which is listed for this car. it programmed fine so like i said i dont think thats the problem. any help would be great.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
The vehicle should only have the passlock II set up and not passlock III, so make sure it is wired for that. There are at least 2 ignition wires, a Pink and a Dark Green or White. There are 2 accessories also. Orange and Brown, which one should fire up the heat and AC and the other fires the radio circuit which in GM is normally brown. For your application the yellow wire and green wire from bypass don't need to be hooked up. The blue goes to status output of remote start and the black wire goes to ground and the red is a 12v+ constant input. The data wire which is ORANGE / black goes to correct pin 2 of OBDII plug under dash. Program as stated and it should be fine.
Make sure your ground is solid and that your power source has enough current for what you have hooked up to it.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
hydrodancer91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

i have it hooked up as you stated i have the bypass wired as you stated also. like i said if i have a probe stuck in the starter wire it will start fine. or if the key is turned to the first position it will remote start. any more ideas would be great

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
do you have the anti-grind hooked up? maybe it is reversed.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

just as a side note those probes allow a trace amount of ground or 12 volt through depending on the unit i used to have a snap on one and i destroyed a computer be carefull what wires you use that on

that could also be why it works when you probe the wire use a multi meter and you will get a more acurate reading

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
hydrodancer91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  

theres not an anti grind hooked up and ive tested it with a multi meter and when i remote start it the meter shows its putting out 12.3 volts. any other suggestions would be great

12jiggawatts 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
What happends when you put the key on the on pos. and try to remote start it from the key fob? Also you might have a bad relay on your starter kill and make sure you have green key side and purple starter side.
Let me do my job, then you can enjoy my work and thank me. :)
12jiggawatts 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  

Ohh wow I didn't look at the date lol.

Let me do my job, then you can enjoy my work and thank me. :)
hydrodancer91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

the starter kill was hooked up correct i even removed the starter kill relay to rule out that problem it still does the same thing. like i said if i remote start it and put the key in the first position labeled acc it will start fine. thanks

installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
is your ground on the unit ok?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic