icon

music chopping in/out at higher volumes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sethbuckner 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

no the lights on the deck do not dim or flicker at all.. no matter the voume... and also.. not to get onto another subject but.. would you happen to know why my music sounds so much cleaner when i fold my back seat down-(making the trunk and the cab one big airspace)... when i have my seat up-(separating the trunk from the cab), the music particularly from my rear 6X9's sounds scratchy so to speak... somewhat distorted..

-seth

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe the pressure in the trunk when it is closed, pressure from the woofers, is moving the 6x9s more than they want to be moved.  
sethbuckner 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

and that is exactly what i thought it was... so what i did was i went and bought a pair of what i want to call "speaker buckets" or the things that would ideally make an in-door sealed enclosure for the speakers.. i'm sure you guys have a name for them but they're like a 6X9 fitted bucket that you sit the speaker in and then screw that into your door or in the rear deck above the trunk. well they wouldn't fit just right so i had to cut them and it basically defeated the whole purpose of the enclosure..

do you have a solution in mind? i'm actually about to create a topic about this so that it can get more visability and hopefully more solutions ideas.

thanks, seth

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
I think they are called speaker baffles.    Make a new topic. 
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
Does the radio cut out when the seat is laid down?   When I got yo to balance left and right we were probably only feeding half signal to your subs. That is why the problem did not happen then. I am guessing that when the seat is down the cutting out does not happen, am I right?
mark2vw 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure That your ground wire from the decks harness is lead to a proper ground. I had a similar problem with a sony deck because I relied on the antenna ground and the music would chop when the stereo was turned up so I made sure that the wire from the deck was grounded correctly and then that took care of the problem. the subs are most likely fine because they have their own power source and ground. If you have an amp on your speakers deffinetely make sure the power and ground are done correctly for that as well. your most likely just lookin for a loose wire
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

mark2vw wrote:
Make sure That your ground wire from the decks harness is lead to a proper ground.

This has already been eliminated. i am an idiot recently asked if the display lights on the deck dim when the problem occurs. The reason why he/she asked that is because he/she thought it may be a loose (or inadequate-sized) power and/or ground wire.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic